You might want to go into your account | Vital Football

You might want to go into your account

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
and in the preferences detick the boxes which says will send you a helpful e-mail if someone responds quoting you, mentions you and such.

Also has a lot of tick boxes that you may want to untick.

Same old issue with social media, you should have to opt in and not opt out.

Thanks Rob et al.

I've unticked everything in all the sections.

Now where's the button I can tick that says "No, this content isn't in fact of the remotest interest to me because I'm not that much of a moron so fuck off"

I can't even see any boxes, is it because I'm on my phone? Do I need to login on my laptop?

I can't even see any boxes, is it because I'm on my phone? Do I need to login on my laptop?
Click on the avatar to the left of the letter (messages) symbol at the top. It should just be a ‘T’ since you don’t have an avatar like me yet. Then click preferences. It’s mainly a load of tick boxes saying you want to be alerted every time someone replies, likes etc your posts, direct messages, profile details, etc. It’s not an issue on a lesser-used board or if you’re admin, but on here you’ll ended up with loads of emails.

Also has a lot of tick boxes that you may want to untick.

Same old issue with social media, you should have to opt in and not opt out.

Barely the same old issue with social media. Usually the issue is that they will send you unsolicited offers/marketing. This is just opting you in to a bunch of emails about people responding to your messages etc. It's somewhat different to automatically opting you in to marketing. Ive amended it. Took 30 seconds. Was very easy.

I wonder if there’s a certain way of getting the notifications via the facebook-like button at the top of the page only, and not by email?