You know what | Vital Football

You know what

Archiepoptart

Vital 1st Team Regular
I've seen better Gils sides. i've seen more individualy talented Gills sides. I've seen far worse Gills sides, but i dont think i've ever seen a harder working Gills team than this current one.
I cant remember even the great Pulis sides working quite as hard as this lot.
:14:

Now there's a very reasonable post that will no doubt invite discussion and you write shit to keep up with LSB2

It's gotta be the Lovell effect. I reckon the players love him. I love him!

As he said, "this is just the beginning..."

I'be been trying to get him a run for his money on the posting shit front this evening but I'm off out now so you're gonna have to take over Wayne....

Archiepoptart - 2/2/2018 21:27

I've seen better Gils sides. i've seen more individualy talented Gills sides. I've seen far worse Gills sides, but i dont think i've ever seen a harder working Gills team than this current one.
I cant remember even the great Pulis sides working quite as hard as this lot.
:14:

Agreed, its an easy team to support when all of them are 100% committed.

Fun times, lets enjoy them for as long as possible

Even if we lose at Wigan tomorrow and it will be a big 'if', it won't be through lack of effort and the opposition will certainly know they have been in a game.

Spot on people SL is the dogs bollocks one mother of a tough game tomorrow but regardless we have a team and team spirit to be proud of.

COYG

Loving the dream

Totally agree individually maybe we could all pick players that have matched these guys but never a whole team and indeed almost whole squad now .I guess the new guys have proved to Lovell they are happy to work just as hard .

Can't wait to get to the game tomorrow and cheer the lads on. Win lose or draw i know they'll put a shift in and do their best - and that's all i ask.

It's fantastic to have a team to be proud of again. COYG!!

To be fair, even under Pennock earlier in the season, I thought we had a team of 'triers' who worked their socks off every game, which I hadn't really felt in previous seasons. For me at least, the difference under Lovell is that the players not only work hard for the team but are also well drilled tactically, look like a much more cohesive unit and, perhaps most importantly, have been given the confidence to allow them to perform at a much higher level than we'd previously seen.

Whatever they were trying under Pennock was tosh whichever way you dress it up. I assume you didn't go to Rochdale

PhilK66 - 2/2/2018 21:34

But I never seen an elephant fly.

But maybe it could happen here is the science .But I doubt it .....

http://www.sciencemadesimple.co.uk/curriculum-blogs/biology-blogs/how-could-an-elephant-fly

At our level, there a few exceptional players. I could think of about three or four.
Most are of a similar standard.
Small margins win or lose games, generally.

So, be as fit as you can be.
Try as hard as you can.
Be as organised as possible.

The team that makes the fewest individual errors will generally be at the top.

SL has done all of this plus instilled confidence and had a bit of luck along the way.