Yorkies v pies | Page 8 | Vital Football

Yorkies v pies

I can see why you disagree Runcorn and to a point I agree with you but I would expect to see some improvement when SM is able to bring in the players he requires next season.

I am sure there were players he would have liked to bring in this season but was unable to do so due to the transfer fee embargo.

When he is able to go out and buy those players I would expect to see some improvement, I appreciate it may not be the improvement that will see us back in contention for promotion and I am happy to accept that, however I would expect to see a more consistent performance from the team than we are seeing this season.
When? Should that not read if? Quite possible that Maloney's horrible tactics won't work with better players as well.

I can see why you disagree Runcorn and to a point I agree with you but I would expect to see some improvement when SM is able to bring in the players he requires next season.

I am sure there were players he would have liked to bring in this season but was unable to do so due to the transfer fee embargo.

When he is able to go out and buy those players I would expect to see some improvement, I appreciate it may not be the improvement that will see us back in contention for promotion and I am happy to accept that, however I would expect to see a more consistent performance from the team than we are seeing this season.
Yep! I agree with what you say. The way I interpreted your post, I assumed you wanted promotion next season. My apologies for that!

No one wants promotion next year especially not the owner because if we do he has to pay tal (or the bahrainis it's unsure which) a seven figure fee.

... and yet Liverpool have seen fit to send us one of their young talents on loan in this window.

Funny, isn't it?.
Only for a few months though, Chambers was the only one last week making forward passes lets see how long that lasts once Tinkerbell gets his claws in to him, It'll be interesting to see over the next 3 games.

Only for a few months though, Chambers was the only one last week making forward passes lets see how long that lasts once Tinkerbell gets his claws in to him, It'll be interesting to see over the next 3 games.
You miss the point. You were asserting that players wouldn't want to play for the manager, or his style of play. I'm extending that logic into the clubs of other players ... in this case, Liverpool.

Having seen how we're playing, and now being fully aware of the manager's preferences, they've still thought it a good move for one of their starlets to come and play for a shit team, with a shit manager, who are (apparently) doing shit this season.

Like I said, funny, isn't it.

No one wants promotion next year especially not the owner because if we do he has to pay tal (or the bahrainis it's unsure which) a seven figure fee.
Did they actually to agree to that then? I thought the owner told him where to go but the Bahrainis sold him the club anyway.

Which others ? Have you a link to your claim that kendrick said at the time ?

It is a reality check for any expectations for fans if that is the case.
That's all I can find at the min without going through all his tweets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_160136_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_160136_Samsung Internet.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 20
Faz I have seen something similar to this before, and of course you reported it at the time.

You can't blame the Bahrainis. They spend money to buy the club, spent money to keep it running and then sold it for a small sum. This sort of deal makes sense.

I must admit I thought there were clauses only for the first and second years, plus something about getting to the Premier League.

I have heard Kieran Maguire chat about such a club 'sold for £1' sale agreement on his podcast

blooming heck that is an eye opener, but that says £5 m to pay if we achieve promotion in the next 5 years, not just next year as you first thought.
For some reason it's won't load up the other screenshot that kendrick said wasn't true but basically it says the bahrainis get the sell on fees of 3 players on the prem and that the total sale value is 16.5 mil for the club which is laughable.

I was told the promotion clause was only for 2 years and was 2 million but who knows. There's a lot of save face going on both sides.

Got it! That explains Tinkerbells pissing about with those negative tactics this season, just do enough to keep us up hey Danson?

So for the next five years this is the shite we have to put up with, thats why Maloney will keep his job, no other manager would entertain these con men.

No player in their right mind and with self respect will want to play Maloneys type of football.
When you have the type of better player(s) Jeff who can play the style the manager wants, you tend to get better results.
Im sorry but the style the manager wants to play is the major problem. Its horrible and becoming out dated itself. We need something new at Latics. This possesion based tippy tappy passing game needs to be ditched forever. Fifteen years or so of this turgid bilge is far too long.

I’m sure all that was subsequently debunked as being bollocks.
It wasn't you can literally see Paul say that. What was bollocks was the 2nd part that the bahrainis retain the rights to the players sold pre admin and that they paid 16.5 mil for the club.