Yellow card sin bin | Vital Football

Yellow card sin bin

villasince67

Vital Football Hero
What do people think about the introduction of the 10min in the sin bin for a yellow card. Personally I think its rubbish. I would just like referees to issue yellow/reds as they do now but get it right!!!!!
Sin bin - to kick off, what happens if there is less than 10 mins left, or even a minute left. What happens if there a lengthy hold up to the game whilst a player is in the sin bin? If a player in binned in the last 10 mins of normal time how will that work with added time ... this isnt rugby ffs. Millions of issues, what if 3 players are booked in quick succession, do we want to see 8 v 11?
Leave well alone I say - just buy the refs some glasses.

Brainless idea from those meddling ones at the FAs & Ifab ....just brainless

It's a nonsense.

They need to look at, for instance, goal-line technology everywhere, and independent time-keeping before suggesting such ridiculous changes for change's sake.

Isn't van Basten suggesting scrapping offside and breaking games into quarters as well? Bizarre.

:13:

I don't see it working in football. Being down to 10 men for 10 minutes could cost you the game. Teams with a player in the sin bin would put 10 men behind the ball and try to hold out until they have 11 men again.

It's being reported that the International Football Association Board - the body responsible for law changes in the game - could potentially give...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7522370">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

FA confirms "sin bin" trials

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7522930">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. There are more important things they could be doing technology wise I think

Meh. It's just another opportunity for the useless incompetent buffoons that masquerade as referees to mess up.

Why do they constantly need to tinker with the rules of football?

Human error is part of the game. If nobody ever made a mistake, there would be no goals.

Bringing in goal line technology won't solve all of the problems in football. What happens if it breaks down during a match?

Yellow cards and red cards have worked fine for decades. Most team sports now have it. Leave well enough alone.

The real issue in football that nobody wants to talk about is corruption. From FIFA down to the referees and possibly players, there is a stink about football that nobody wants to talk about.

What a ridiculous idea

Can they just not leave football alone? I'm trying to figure out how sin bins would be a financial gain as that's all they care about, but no I can't think of any. They're just tinkering with things for the sake of it.

Isn't football the most popular sport in the world? Why do they want to mess around with something that has worked for decades? It's madness.

Its not a bad idea to trial it, it works well in Rugby, where it helps give the referees more authority by stopping them being mobbed by players at every decision.

I'm obviously in a minority but I think it's a good idea

A red card is a drastic punishment that destroys a game
A yellow card is fairly ineffective, yes a key defender who is 'man-marking' a tricky or speedy forward may have to be careful subsequently - but he can always be subbed if in danger of being sent off.
Some teams work a rota of thuggish fouls on their opponents star man.

A ten minute sin bin gives refs another 'weapon' where players cheat, dive and argue
Especially if linked with video replays of foul/dive decisions
If a player dives is it yellow or red?
If a player constantly manhandles an opponent in his own area eg at corners - is it yellow or red? Or is it just 'a man's game'

Football could learn a lot from rugby in terms of strong clear refereeing

Agree and have said myself before, that football could learn a lot from rugby refereeing.

The Fear - 6/5/2017 15:08

Agree and have said myself before, that football could learn a lot from rugby refereeing.

Have a yellow bin for players who spend all the game running around flobbing all over the place.

The taking the ball 10 closer to the goal for dissent went west because it did at time disadvantage
the offended team,,,, sin bin for disrespecting the ref..... how about sending the player off.....

I think it would be more effective to give yellow cards for dissent.
Automatically - no second chance.
This whole business of players getting in the referee's face, screaming obscenities whilst slobber drips down their flushed countenances, and all the other intimidatory tactics, is a stain on the game. (And it's pointless at the time for when was the last time you saw a referee change his mind on account of some players shoving their ugly mugs a millimetre away from his nose?)

Firstly, I am all in favour of stamping out dissent. Personally I think any dissent dhould be an automatic yellow, any foul language an automatic red and a 5 game ban, and 3 players booked in a game for it rsults in 3 point deduction . That would stop it instantly

However, this, to me, s it is trialled in the pub leagues is just gonna put amateur refs like my son in danger.

What happens if he sends two to the bin and the rest start. There are no stewards and police to protect him on a village hall pitch.

I will give it two weeks before there are reports of this leading to an assault on a ref.

By all means trial it, but do it in the professional game where you can ensure safety

sirdennis - 5/5/2017 10:05

Meh. It's just another opportunity for the useless incompetent buffoons that masquerade as referees to mess up.

Sorry sirden, this tupe of comment really gets my goat !.

For every one Premier league ref there are 1000 amateur refs risking their own safety for 15 quid on a sunday morning. Many , like my son, aged 17 having to have the bottle to either get involved and stop fights by opposing players, or actually having threats or violence against them by blokes 10 years older, 1 foot taller and 5 stone heavier.

Tell you what - lets see you have the bottle to do it ?

Blimey , talk about an over reaction to a tongue in cheek post.

My comment was aimed at the PROFESSIONAL referees who get very well paid and make bizarre decision after bizarre decision .

If you bothered to read the match threads properly then you will have noticed the recurring theme of my critique on the referee's ability which if I may say so has become something of a running joke.

Utterly , utterly unfair and I demand a total and utter apology.

It certainly needs something, but I don't think the time is right for this in football. The referees need improving vastly, otherwise it could turn into a circus.

It works well in rugby because a) the referees are of a far higher standard generally, and b) in rugby the referees are respected by players.

As I say, the first step should be to improve the standard of referees.