YCCC Summer cricket thread | Vital Football

YCCC Summer cricket thread

tomytony

Vital Champions League
As has already been mentioned on the our Joe' thread Yorks set off with a fine win over Gloucs today so at least we all have one result to celebrate this weekend.
England plumb further depths by appointing a man with 15 tests to his name and an average of 31 so, if he , Rob Key, is the answer the God knows what the question was. He's a nice lad tho', not too controversial, well spoken and scrubs up well when needed.He has suggested Irongloves Buttler would be a good captain for England so i'm not expecting too much.
In fact, beware because he's a great advocate of his fellow county man Sam Billings so who knows what depths he can plumb if he has 2 failed wicketkeepers to choose from?
I suppose Jonny B might revert to the drinks waiter role sharpish if he continues with his barmpot ideas.

As has already been mentioned on the our Joe' thread Yorks set off with a fine win over Gloucs today so at least we all have one result to celebrate this weekend.
England plumb further depths by appointing a man with 15 tests to his name and an average of 31 so, if he , Rob Key, is the answer the God knows what the question was. He's a nice lad tho', not too controversial, well spoken and scrubs up well when needed.He has suggested Irongloves Buttler would be a good captain for England so i'm not expecting too much.
In fact, beware because he's a great advocate of his fellow county man Sam Billings so who knows what depths he can plumb if he has 2 failed wicketkeepers to choose from?
I suppose Jonny B might revert to the drinks waiter role sharpish if he continues with his barmpot ideas.
I was surprised when he became a pundit on sky I thought wtf has he ever done 🤷‍♂️

Frustrated by Northants as they were set 499 to win on a featherbed where George Hill got his maiden 1st class century- 150 plus in fact.
With the best part of 4 sesssions to bowl them out Northants saw the day out with 7 down.
One win, one draw so far.

BTW it's 100 days to the start of this year's 100 competition:mad::mad::mad:

Frustrated by Northants as they were set 499 to win on a featherbed where George Hill got his maiden 1st class century- 150 plus in fact.
With the best part of 4 sesssions to bowl them out Northants saw the day out with 7 down.
One win, one draw so far.

BTW it's 100 days to the start of this year's 100 competition:mad::mad::mad:
TT batting been fine but bowling not as impressive.

TT batting been fine but bowling not as impressive.
True PR but that wicket, apart from us getting into a 1st innings mess at 22-4, wouldn't produce a result if they played 'til Christmas. Batsman's paradise and, apart from Rauf's pace with the new ball all a bit of a muchness.

True PR but that wicket, apart from us getting into a 1st innings mess at 22-4, wouldn't produce a result if they played 'til Christmas. Batsman's paradise and, apart from Rauf's pace with the new ball all a bit of a muchness.
Did you ever go to the old County Ground where Northampton & Northamptonshire used to play TT? For either Football or Cricket,i've been to watch the BLADES there a couple of times but not for cricket. UTB

Did you ever go to the old County Ground where Northampton & Northamptonshire used to play TT? For either Football or Cricket,i've been to watch the BLADES there a couple of times but not for cricket. UTB
I was there the day of the hillsbrough disaster

Went once Rod.not impressed. Went once, fo a John Player 40 over Sunday League game to Wellingborough School which was basic with just the pavilion and then everyone on their own chairs.We, me, the wife and 2yr old daighter in pushchair were wndering around looking for somewhere to sit and Daivid-Bluey- Bairstow whistled us up to come and sit on the Yorks balcony.
It was fantastic as Yorks batted first and we sat chatting to the team who knew us from staying in the hotels.When Northants batted we got some very strange looks as we sat amongst them and they hadn't a clue whowe we were!

Yorks following the England pattern. 23 -3 and now 301-4 with Malan getting 152 and Harry Brook not out 121.
What a start to the season he's had.
You can bet your life the England middle order will be Root,Malan,Bairstow, Brook by the end of the season.

Yorks following the England pattern. 23 -3 and now 301-4 with Malan getting 152 and Harry Brook not out 121.
What a start to the season he's had.
You can bet your life the England middle order will be Root,Malan,Bairstow, Brook by the end of the season.

With Rob Key in charge TT ? It perhaps should be, but the chinless wonders at HQ, will have to sift through the Southern based dross before that would happen, imho.

With Rob Key in charge TT ? It perhaps should be, but the chinless wonders at HQ, will have to sift through the Southern based dross before that would happen, imho.
Good point RAB, forgot there has to be a place for Sam Billings regardless.At least they got their faceless,no mark, no pedigree in Test cricket in to run it!!

FFS , Yorks get the last 4 Kent wickets in quick time and need 114 off 21 overs. What a finish in prospect but the 2 Lanky umpires go off for bad light!
Why doesn't the ECB just abandon the pretence of wanting a County Championship?
BTW- the floodlights are ON.

What is the point of having Floodlights on if they go off or bad light anyway.Yet another for kup by the cricket authorities.Light is not improving so match ends as a draw. UTB

Last edited:
What is the point of having Floodlights on if they go off or bad light anyway.Yet another for kup by the cricket authorities.Light is not improving so match ends as a draw. UTB
Apparently, and I didn't know this Rod, red ball cricket is to be played under natural light and artificial lighting is only for 1 day stuff and day/night games where they play with a pink ball.

Which begs the question- why were the lights on at Headingley?
Cricket continues to screw up with absolutely no regard for the paying spectator. It beggars belief that the major grounds have to have lighting to attract possible international matcches, and T20/The 100 tripe but they can't adapt the core game to use the facilities provided.

Essex 234-3 at the close of play on day one.Is it just me or do the wickets Yorkshire are playing seem as flat as pancakes? Our Joe bowled 3 overs for 4 runs. UTB

Looking like another tame draw on a road of a pitch at Chelmsford. 400 plays 450 as Essex bat again with only 2 sessions left on the 4th day.
Brightest of bright spots is that Harry Brook has another ton to his name with 123 for Yorks as he goes over 600 runs for the season to date.
When will England come in to ruin him?

Yorks v Lancs starts on Thursday at Leeds in the County Championhip,Come on the White Rose show em who's Boss. UTB