X1 v Crewe | Vital Football

X1 v Crewe

Who starts on Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wonder whether the prospect of having two x 6`6" central attackers (once Andrews is fully fit) might persuade SC to think about 5-3-2 again.

There`s no doubting the improvement on our right side, in terms of Hutton`s ability to deliver lots of quality crosses into the box. But, he does that much better with the extra space a 5-3-2 provides.

I like a 4-4-2 as I like Jonny Williams and George Lapslie on the pitch together. However, at 4-4-2, as at Morecambe last week, it was evident that, with more defensive duties to occupy him, Hutton looked a tad vulnerable at times and wasn`t able to get as many crosses in as in recent games.

Digressing slightly - Malone was really good when he came on as sub last week. Wonder if SC is considering starting him again.

But, back to the front end - To have the likes of Hawks and Andrews both looking to be on the end of crosses in the box would probably be quite unsettling for opposing defenders.

You pays your money, you takes your choice - Guess that`s why SC is paid the big bucks.

Would expect an unchanged side unless Williams J is injured. If he is absent then we could go 2 up top with Walker alongside Hawkins. Or keep the same shape with presumably Clarke coming in. But I still think he's an impact sub so I would go for Malone wide left.

It was said a bit tongue in cheek Chris although I thought there was on option to change the team up until the official team presentation on the clubs webside/Z (formally known as Twatter...
You can change your team using the facility in the poll or by posting your selection .Please be sure to do it well in advance of the teams being named.

Updating table
Holy Spirit 38
Chris Who 34
Sturdy 29
Sir Keith 27
Wilfred. 27
Macc 26
Upbury 22
Ian 22
Tinker 21
Norwich 18
Spezial One 15
Derry 16
Alex Farrell 15
Hermes 14
Surveyor 14
Lovelove 13
Romany 9
Fox in 9
Steeves 9
Wildweb 9
Muddy 8
Gills 69. 5
PUB 5
Cuxton 4
TGPL 4
Azza 4
MarkinKent 3
Hampshire 3
Mehmet 3
Stringer 3
Domus Clam 3
Steve Tre 2
Inclanndes 2
ARTHUR C 2
Vambo 2
All one
D171248, Brockers, Blue nose, 4th horseman Joe Scout, , Captainblue, Fish,Surrey,PhilK,Chrisy,Carer Kate,Bert2 ,

Well done to Domus Clamantium for getting all 11 this week.

Last edited: