Wycombe Wanderers (a): Rate The Ref | Vital Football

Wycombe Wanderers (a): Rate The Ref

0 - handled plenty well in terms of Vokes vs Jackson/Mitchell physicality.

But gave Taylor no protection from being horsecollared. Erhahon got a nasty blow to the face. Don’t think he booked Roughan for cleaning out their winger.

Any idea why our first goal was ruled out? Attended and couldn’t see anything wrong.

Missing punishment for time wasting, repeated fouls.

As per separate thread - no punishment for Grimmer spitting at Roughan

Linesmen were c*** which didn’t help. Never made a decision until the ref did.

Mixed bag for me...
Thought the two given yellows to their player and Hamilton were soft. Their player actually made a terrific tackle getting the ball cleanly.
The linesman ruled out that corner goal which I'll have to see again, but if Taylor either got last touch or blocked off one of their defenders it probably was right.
Let some robust challenges go, which is fine by me.
Big positive was adding time to the added on time and not falling for Wycombe's time wasting there.
Probably about a 5

2 - bloody awful and seemed to be the epitome of what refs are told to do these days. Let so much illegal physical stuff go in the first half (from both teams) and the bookings were soft considering the physicality of the game and what was actually going on. No idea why the goal was disallowed. Watched one-Follow and still can’t figure it out. Second half marginally better but still inconsistent with his decision making.

6. Bit inconsistent in his decisions but not a disaster. Looks like the goal was ruled out for offside against Taylor, probably correct if judged that he made to play the ball so close to the goal line. No complaints about letting all the grappling go without free kicks, Jacko v Vokes was a tough battle but nothing malicious so letting them challenge was just fine. Played overtime in extra time rightly so due to the time wasting so no complaints. Their sub laid down faking an injury to waste at least a minute in the 6 minutes so Karma rightly bit them fully on the arse.

Like all his performances for us , rubbish, 2, we worked hard for the point we got, he did us a favour with Jacko though.