Wycombe Wanderers (a): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE! | Vital Football

Wycombe Wanderers (a): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
- One player each (make it clear who if you mention more than one player).
- State your reason(s) (this helps form the articles).
- The deadline is 24 hours from the full-time whistle!

I started this a while ago, just so I could crack on with things. So just bumping it now!

I'll happily put Erhahon forward. Worked tirelessly throughout and was our sole defender in injury time yet still had the energy to get forward to put that chance away. Showed how intelligent a player he is with the finish. Guided it in having seen the Wycombe defenders block those earlier similar chances.

Alex Mitchell. Magnificent won every header and had a seriously good striker in Vokes in his pocket all game. As a defender he was superb all game

Didn’t think any of the defenders covered themselves in glory first half, although Jackson way the best. Shock horror, Sorensen has learned to take a very dangerous corner. Erhahon was much better second half, and scored.

But two players changed the game: Bishop and Hackett. Without their influence doubt we would have scored. Gave it to Bishop, he had such quality on the ball particularly when other players ran and made space ahead of him.

Just a reminder that the deadline is 24 hours after the full-time whistle.

Erhahon gets my nomination. A rolls Royce performance as DCM breaking up a lot of the Wycombe moves and starting our own. Once Reeco and Bish came on he pushed forward more which allowed him to be in position to score. 👏👏
Honourable mentions to Reeco and Bishop 👏

Bishop and Hackett changed the game. Hackett was excellent but he was dependant on others giving him the ball. Bishop went searching to get on the ball, looked to break through the lines to pull players out of position and committ defenders so he could play a decisive pass.
Bishop was my MoM. He deserves a new contract, I would sooner watch 30 minutes of Ted Bishop than 10 games of most of our other players.

Bishop and Hackett changed the game. Hackett was excellent but he was dependant on others giving him the ball. Bishop went searching to get on the ball, looked to break through the lines to pull players out of position and committ defenders so he could play a decisive pass.
Bishop was my MoM. He deserves a new contract, I would sooner watch 30 minutes of Ted Bishop than 10 games of most of our other players.
Ouch!

Hackett - at the vanguard of lifting the team up by their bootstraps with some intelligent, quality play - technically and delivery wise.

Thank you to those who have provided nominations and reason(s) for them. I will edit the poll to include Hackett-Fairchild, and then post it in a few minutes!