WWC | Vital Football

WWC

CanadianSpur

Vital Squad Member
With England’s first match in the books (1-0 loss to France), I’m curious as to the level of interest in the women’s game from the posters on Vital Spurs.

Having a Daughter who plays has made me take interest in the Women’s game and have tickets to all the matches here in Vancouver. I was quite entertained last night at the Japan-Switzerland match. The skill and pace of the game was great and overall it shows how far the women’s game as come. The earlier match of the double-header between Cameroon and Ecuador unfortunately show how far behind the game is much of the world.
Is anyone following the tournament or will this thread quickly die?

Shame it's completing with the tournie in South America - keep having to choose what to watch!

Overall I've been impressed with some of the play, and unimpressed with some as well.

The women's game certainly seems to be building momentum and credibility.

And have to say that alot of the legs and faces on display are a damn site better than most men's.. :10:

Well done the England girls for getting through to the knockouts, I saw our game against France, but haven't caught much else.

Spursex - 18/6/2015 08:12

And have to say that alot of the legs and faces on display are a damn site better than most men's.. :10:

Tighter jerseys and shorter shorts? I knew it. Blatter in our midst. :17:

80deg16minW - 18/6/2015 13:04

Spursex - 18/6/2015 08:12

Tighter jerseys and shorter shorts? I knew it. Blatter in our midst. :17:

Haha, Blatter did say something like that !

I've been to 5 of he games live so far and the standard of the women's game has certainly improved since the Olympic qualifiers that I watched here 4 years ago. There are still some real weak sides (Ecuador, Thailand, Mexico to name a few). The gap I closing. The knockout rounds should be interesting. Unfortunately the US seem to have the easier route to the semis.