WW3? | Page 260 | Vital Football

WW3?

Last night felt a bit theatre to me, obviously must’ve been frightening for Israelis and awful for the young girl who was badly injured.

It’s whether the useless Biden can nip this in bud, controlling the Israeli retaliation. I don’t believe Iran wants to escalate this conflict actually and that’s why they sent over drones with moped engines.

If Israel retaliates to make it 2-1 to them, then Iran will make it 2-2 and we continue. Ironically in Iran, I suspect it’s the general public is probably far more wanting to attack Israel with all the military power they have rather than their leaders who, awful as they are, I reckon are quite calculated.

Last night was just symbolic. The Iranians needed to show they could retaliate to their own people. They also wanted to show Israel that they could hit back without escalating the situation.

It was very similar to how they responded to the US killing that general a few years ago.

It's also a great look for the Iranians, the only ones willing to stand up to Israel.

Iran need an external “war” to help further lock down what is a country on the brink of mass social unrest.

Now imagine what would happen if the Iranians attacked US sovereign land, it would be very bad for them. The Israeli’s aren’t going to let this slide.

Edging closer aren't 'we'. Thought a worldwide pandemic might have woken mankind up to what matters, but nope, totally didn't. Wish the aliens would come and finish us off.

Good job USA and UK are involved though, always worked out so well (sic) when we have gone into other countries to calm things down.

Has there been a vote in Parliament as to which 'side' we are taking btw... (rhetorical question).

Would it not, perhaps, be time to realise we aren't the worlds police, our own countries infrastructure is crumbling and maybe, just maybe, we can't afford (even before you question if we should at all) be involved in these things?

That is an open question, as opposed to something I have the answer to, but can't help but think we destabilised this area, or helped towards destabilising, after WW2 (and during times when we were taking all the oil) and maybe we'd be best to leave them to sort things out.

Edging closer aren't 'we'. Thought a worldwide pandemic might have woken mankind up to what matters, but nope, totally didn't. Wish the aliens would come and finish us off.

Good job USA and UK are involved though, always worked out so well (sic) when we have gone into other countries to calm things down.

Has there been a vote in Parliament as to which 'side' we are taking btw... (rhetorical question).

Would it not, perhaps, be time to realise we aren't the worlds police, our own countries infrastructure is crumbling and maybe, just maybe, we can't afford (even before you question if we should at all) be involved in these things?

That is an open question, as opposed to something I have the answer to, but can't help but think we destabilised this area, or helped towards destabilising, after WW2 (and during times when we were taking all the oil) and maybe we'd be best to leave them to sort things out.
I give up. I just want an alien invasion to end all this bullshit to be honest.

It's an interesting thought experiment. What would happen if The West walked away from the Middle East? I think Iran would run a mock. Without Western weapons, the dictators wouldn't be able to hold power. I think Israel would also fall without Western support. It would all be very bloody for quite a long time while Turkey and Iran divided up the region. Eventually, it would settle into the backwater it used to be.

It's an interesting thought experiment. What would happen if The West walked away from the Middle East? I think Iran would run a mock. Without Western weapons, the dictators wouldn't be able to hold power. I think Israel would also fall without Western support. It would all be very bloody for quite a long time while Turkey and Iran divided up the region. Eventually, it would settle into the backwater it used to be.
China would seize the opportunity probably.

That's what was happening before the Hamas attacks. Then Bibi started kicking the ball into his own net.
You almost wonder if the prick is trying to get Biden fucked out of office so Trump can come back.

Thank god Biden is saying the US won't get dragged into war with Iran.

The US cannot win a war against Iran, certainly not a quick war, where would they amass troops? Iraq, Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan? Not a chance anyone of them will let them stage troops for a ground invasion. And even so, Iran will use all its missiles as soon as they land.

I think the US can win any conventional war but Iran wouldn't fight like Russia or Iraq did.

Agree, Israel would be wiped off the map if the West pulled out, with a lot of bloodshed across the wider region from Israel attacks. We in the West are duty bound to back Israel given history, though the way they are acting and in my opinion are the force who escalate, is proving difficult to manage. Biden has no control and influence on Netanyahu, and I doubt any of the Middle Eastern forces even read what Sunak is saying publicly here, the U.K. isn’t relevant.

It’s incredible how aggressive Israel are for such a small country. Israel is around a tenth of the land size of the U.K., in the even of a full scale war in the Middle East, I don’t see how it ends well for them.

My hope is that Israel don’t try and make this 2-1 after scoring the first goal, but of course they will over the next couple of days.

What the world needs is for Netanyahu to be replaced but he’s going no where imminently. That wouldn’t be a strong look for Israel so it’s a delicate one.

One of the interesting things is the US' unwavering support and moral leadership and as a 'pillar' of the West it makes it difficult to see where any 'moral high ground' comes from.

When 9/11 happened the American's were perfectly happy to completely destroy two countries and be both directly and indirectly responsible for over 1m deaths by the end of it.

If Iran launched an assault on Washington DC then Tehran would be rendered into dust a day later.

So I can't really see Israel treading lightly regarding Iran.

Last edited:
One of the interesting things is the US' unwavering support and moral leadership and as a 'pillar' of the West it makes it difficult to see where any 'moral high ground' comes from.

When 9/11 happened the American's were perfectly happy to completely destroy two countries and be both directly and indirectly responsible for over 1m deaths by the end of it.

If Iran launched an assault on Washington DC then Tehran would be rendered into dust a day later.

So I can't really see Israel treading lightly regarding Iran.
The way the Iranians handled things should have been commended by the international community. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of behind-closed-doors chatter between Biden and their leaders.

The Iranians know the US can destroy them without ever putting boots on the ground but it would turn into Afghanistan 2.0. This is the sort of military intervention the US is not built to actually win. The postwar rebuilding is something nobody seems to have ever successfully done except for after WWII but even then it was only Western Europe that actually got fixed.

I don't think Iran would ever strike the US directly or in a way that would prompt a full response. They didn't do a whole lot when Trump launched that wreckless assassination on their General. I don't think they would do anything unless the US was preparing for a proper intervention and response which Biden (and the US population) doesn't have the stomach nor wants at all.

It looks like the war in Ukraine is about to go red hot.

The Americans have taken a back seat so the French are now leading the charge. They are preparing to send "military advisors" to Ukraine. F-16s are being sent to Ukraine now and there is talk of the Ukrainians pushing into Russia proper.

I can't see this ending well.

It looks like the war in Ukraine is about to go red hot.

The Americans have taken a back seat so the French are now leading the charge. They are preparing to send "military advisors" to Ukraine. F-16s are being sent to Ukraine now and there is talk of the Ukrainians pushing into Russia proper.

I can't see this ending well.
I don't know what to think anymore, this WWI war of attrition is doing no one any favours but this talk of driving into Russia sounds like insanity.

The problem I have here is the whole poking the bear thing and a weak and desperate bear. We run the risk of them using a "strategic" nuke, and then what? You're nearly forced to respond then.

What has happened to diplomacy? Give them crimea, let them back into international trade, declare a fake joint war on Islamic extremism and get them to withdraw from the Ukraine. Tell the Ukrainians, sorry lads no NATO or EU but we'll let you into the Schengen Area instead?

I don't know what to think anymore, this WWI war of attrition is doing no one any favours but this talk of driving into Russia sounds like insanity.

The problem I have here is the whole poking the bear thing and a weak and desperate bear. We run the risk of them using a "strategic" nuke, and then what? You're nearly forced to respond then.

What has happened to diplomacy? Give them crimea, let them back into international trade, declare a fake joint war on Islamic extremism and get them to withdraw from the Ukraine. Tell the Ukrainians, sorry lads no NATO or EU but we'll let you into the Schengen Area instead?

If the solution is obvious to you and me, why isn't it obvious to everyone else?