WTF is the obsession with the Super Bowl? | Vital Football

WTF is the obsession with the Super Bowl?

Dave the Yid

Alert Team
I have a mate over this weekend who is making me watch the super bowl. Can someone tell me WTF makes american football a good spectator sport?

PDC Darts - Better. Snooker at the Crucible - Better. Tennis at Wimbledon - Better. Superbowl? WTF???? 2 minutes of action and a couple of hours of nothing....

.... Anyone?

Looks like everyone's too busy enjoying the ball game to respond here. Been a decent game so far. Let's go 49ers!

thebizniz - 3/2/2013 23:52

Looks like everyone's too busy enjoying the ball game to respond here. Been a decent game so far. Let's go 49ers!

Or no-one is watching it..... I'm not quite sure why anyone outside of the USA would want to watch it. American football is possibly the worst and least entertaining sport i've ever had to endure!

I had said to meself to watch more af this year but just havent got around to it. Although I must admit as a sport, there's so many better in my eyes, but the super bowl as a spectacle it is a good watch. But that's mostly down to Americans ability to be OTT about everything.

i remember when i was in the states when the eagles where in the final. Was also the launch of american dad after the game. While me and my mate were round his mrs and her friends house we were told that one of the attractive friends had been offered entrance to the playboy mansion after game party. She turned down the invitation.

When i woke up your honour i had no recollection of the past 2 hours and why there were multiple bodies scattered across the floor.

pretty embarrassing this. a supposedly top artist... its basically a backing track while beyonce dances and shouts "come on" "sing" "let me hear you". Nice images tho..

I really tried with US Football years ago and failed to be remotely interested.

Its bollocks, boring bollocks

Americans like their football and find our football (soccer) boring, effeminate and for girls. So there!

Throw the ball, catch it, run, touch down. Chuck in anyone and everyone running around on the touch line. Call it football even though you don't kick it. And there you have it.

If you enjoy it, good for you. I'm with Dave, I don't get it. Needless to say, I was asleep.

I do have some time for baseball and have attended, and played, the game. One home run to my name (but a badly-botched catch also). Have also enjoyed their hockey.

But 'football' ... include me out!

Innispurs - 4/2/2013 13:05

I do have some time for baseball and have attended, and played, the game. One home run to my name (but a badly-botched catch also). Have also enjoyed their hockey.

But 'football' ... include me out!

Baseball leaves me cold, it's testament to the Americans ability to marketing ability to make shite shine like gold..Hockey however, is a proper sport...skill, violence, passion, drama, violence, violence...oh did I mention good old fashioned proper sporting violence? :91:

That's why, while younger I tried my hand at baseball but never, NEVER, attempted hockey.

But I have enjoyed watching a few games in Canada over the years. There was quite a bit of violence in one game, I recall, involving the Ottawa Senators and Boston, I think. After right royally punching the shit out of each other, two players were sin-binned for two minutes. This maul was hardly commented on afterwards. Hilarious stuff!

Innispurs - 4/2/2013 13:17

That's why, while younger I tried my hand at baseball but never, NEVER, attempted hockey.

But I have enjoyed watching a few games in Canada over the years. There was quite a bit of violence in one game, I recall, involving the Ottawa Senators and Boston, I think. After right royally punching the shit out of each other, two players were sin-binned for two minutes. This maul was hardly commented on afterwards. Hilarious stuff!

What a game though, love the way they batter each other, then shale hands (or throats) at the end of the game - it should be far more popular here than it is..

Did you know, Ex that the Belfast Giants are one of the local game's big hitters? Promoted for its non-sectarian nature, a load of money was put into hockey and it has seemingly worked!