Wrexham all stars | Vital Football

Wrexham all stars

Colburn

Vital Reserves Team
So Robson-Kanu is coming out of retirement to play for Wrexham next season and donating his wages to charity. They've already got Ben Foster, if he stays. How many other 'names' are they going to attract?

So Robson-Kanu is coming out of retirement to play for Wrexham next season and donating his wages to charity. They've already got Ben Foster, if he stays. How many other 'names' are they going to attract?

I can't see them going for it, but if they did then you've got a hero of 2016, who's only 33 and was playing prem in 2021, playing for them in league footy and donating his salary to charity, which is even more good publicity and feelings etc for the club and player.

HRK is a bright lad, and almost certainly knows he can't dine out on that Belgium goal forever for a career in punditry, so getting a bit more football under him at the most famous lower-league club in the world(tm) will be great for him.

On the Wrexham money side of things etc - they genuinely have a big enough catchment area 700k in North Wales) to be a championship club if they have the right investment etc (sound like anyone we know?), and Wrexham and north wales are the traditional heartland of Welsh football, the south always being rugby.

Would love to know how much they're getting from Disney for the doc and whether that's getting funnelled in to the club.

As I posted on another thread their last set of accounts showed a turnover increase of over 400% yet they still lost over 3 million pounds
Proves the wages they must be paying

I believe they’re redeveloping the old terraced end which will increase their capacity

They are but it’s massively dependent on the local council putting money in, also some of the cash put in by the Hollywood stars is in form of loans with a 7% interest rate. Should ring alarm bells if you ask me.

On the Wrexham money side of things etc - they genuinely have a big enough catchment area 700k in North Wales) to be a championship club if they have the right investment etc (sound like anyone we know?), and Wrexham and north wales are the traditional heartland of Welsh football, the south always being rugby

I think they have very similar potentials, but also very similar problems to us. Big catchment area, loyal local support, but also not too far from big cities (in their case Liverpool and to a lesser extent Manchester for our London). I am aware that North Wales has always had a lot of commuters to Liverpool and Everton on Saturdays, just like Medway/Kent has to London. I also believe that, like us, they've spent just a handful of seasons in the second tier.

Well, next season (presuming they get the points they need which they should), they'll have rich American owners, like us, with money to spend by an experienced management team, like us, and should have a good backing home and away, which I am sure we will, if the positivity off of the field continues, the matchday experience improves and we do as well as we hope and expect on the pitch.

Bring it on!

They are but it’s massively dependent on the local council putting money in, also some of the cash put in by the Hollywood stars is in form of loans with a 7% interest rate. Should ring alarm bells if you ask me.

Welsh Government levelling up money too.

Rob McElhenney tweeted him - that's pretty much it
Next season Sir Tom Jones will lead pre match community singing, Hugh Edwards will be stadium announcer, at half time Rob Brydon will do ten minutes of stand up and post match Aled Jones will sing Nessum Dorma.

Will be interesting to see how Wrexham can fall into the fair play category for next season. League Two clubs are only allowed to spend 55% of their total income on player's wages and I'm not sure what the rules are with regards to Director's loans counting as income?

Will be interesting to see how Wrexham can fall into the fair play category for next season. League Two clubs are only allowed to spend 55% of their total income on player's wages and I'm not sure what the rules are with regards to Director's loans counting as income?

Loans don’t count towards the turnover calculation.