Would you swap Elanga out for Brennan back? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Would you swap Elanga out for Brennan back?

Would You Swap Or Keep?

• Keep Elanga

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Swap and get Brennan back

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Too early to tell. Johnno's pace is pretty much unrivalled in the EPL and this is generally the best weapon for a counter attacking team. Elanga's impact away at Arsenal and Chelsea and his training at Old Trafford would suggest he can comfortably play that role. I'm optimistic he can form a great partnership with Awoniyi.

Johnson because when we qualify for Europe we need a certain quota of players developed by the club.

The players brought into the club, notably the midfield, would suggest otherwise - and Cooper has spoken of this change previously.

Would expect a 433 / 4321 vs Burnley.

Be a bit of a surprise if an overly defensive setup is wheeled out, at home against a team low in confidence.
I think we can be just as offensive with a 3511 set up and looking at the players we have brought in, I think that will be his go to.

Bizarre thread.

We've just sold BJ, our best discovery in years, to fund a squad upgrade.

It's Lord of the Rings stuff: "It is time, Brennan."

BJ to Joe Worrall (who is after all Sam Gamgee to a T) "I helped us get here, Joe. But it's not for me. My time is done and I'm off to Spurs. The Premier League is for you...and Ryan...and the rest of the Forest family. Enjoy!"

As part of the churn, we get Elanga, who looks shit-hot and has already shown great goalscoring link-ups with Awoniyi. There's no need to play one off against the other.

Ask me in 6 months chap. Elanga has started well and therefore we haven't missed Brennan yet who was quality for us. The good thing about Brennan was he was rarely injured which was a massive plus. So far Elanga has already got an understanding with other players so all good. By the way Wolf chap,would you rather have a battered sausage or a fisH cake with your chips chap?
6 months is quite soon, chap?
Wouldn't you prefer Elanga time frame?

I think we can be just as offensive with a 3511 set up and looking at the players we have brought in, I think that will be his go to.
For the team to develop and style of play to evolve, IMO 3 in midfield and 4 at the back is the way forward.

I think people dress up the wing-backs we have as something they're not, and that is an attacking outlet.
By extension, the formation you suggest is more a 5311.

That's for the coach to decide upon: there's plenty of options available.

I doubt Dominguez or Sangare signed to hare around the field desperately blocking off spaces vs Burnley....at home.
It kind of sums up the problem of 4 at the back when I ask you to name the 4 defenders and all you can do is start talking about midfielders again!

Lol

Because any 4 defenders you name people will panic we don't have enough pace in the centre or they aren't good enough defenders at full back

I'd rather you say 3 at the back (as long as they are all centre backs) if it makes you feel better about football

(Knowing that will mean 5 midfielders in front of them and 2 playing wing back)

If it’s a direct comparison of the two players then it’s Johnson.

If it’s a comparison of the two players contribution in the team and the formation that Cooper favours then it’s too close to call.

If it’s a comparison of the team with Johnson in it with the team we have with Elanga having spent the Johnson money then it’s the Elanga team for me.