Would you sign Ryan Allsop on a permenant deal in the summer? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Would you sign Ryan Allsop on a permenant deal in the summer?

Currently we have two keepers in Allsop and Vickers who should be number ones at our level. If Vickers is fully fit, and we dont know that, I think Allsop will go to find first team football. If Vickers is still long term injury then sign Allsop if possible. Good situation in some ways to have. Farman has done really well for us over the years, but he knows he will not be number 1 again at Lincoln and needs to find first team football for next season. A good bloke.

Yes, he's been great - probably won us the Trophy with that save in the final. Nice bloke too. Speaking after the Coventry match, he told us Lincoln have better support than Bournemouth home and away!

Allsop didn't have great reviews from other club's on his arrival here, so in that respect he's been a pleasant surprise. Like Vickers, he's been a nice, calming influence and is very unfussy with how he goes about his work.

I'm not sure there's too much between him and Vickers. The latter probably looks a little more natural with the ball at his feet (as you'd expect being an ex-Arsenal youngster).

If we're going to sign another 'keeper, I'm not sure we need to be signing someone who's of a similar level to Vickers. In an ideal world, you want to be aiming for better than Vickers and continually improving.

Agree r.e. the comments on Farman. I've said all season that I think he'll leave in the summer.

On the subject of goalkeepers, does anybody know the extent of the Vickers injury? Seems to have been in recovery for ages.

Allsop has done well, Vickers seems more comfortable on crosses though. Ideally have both challenging for number one position. Competition is great for the club. But I doubt both would be happy with that situation. Farman I think will leave in the summer he probably wants to play football.

On the subject of goalkeepers, does anybody know the extent of the Vickers injury? Seems to have been in recovery for ages.

Has been back in full training for a few weeks I think, but there is no sense in putting him back in the side at this late stage of the season, especially not with Allsop doing such a good job. The injury Vickers suffered was a recurrence of the one he picked up playing for Barnet last season, and I am sure the club will be wary of fielding him unnecessarily. Give him the summer to complete a full recovery - pre-season training starts in six weeks anyway.

i would say with all the squad discussion for next season, what we need - and what we can afford - is on hold until the L1/L2 question is finally answered.

Has been back in full training for a few weeks I think, but there is no sense in putting him back in the side at this late stage of the season, especially not with Allsop doing such a good job. The injury Vickers suffered was a recurrence of the one he picked up playing for Barnet last season, and I am sure the club will be wary of fielding him unnecessarily. Give him the summer to complete a full recovery - pre-season training starts in six weeks anyway.

Back in training but cautious of not breaking down I would say. Putting the miles in on the turbo trainer I would suggest.

With a small squad, can we really afford 3 'keepers? I would suggest not and that we will see Vickers and Farman as the stick-men with Alsop returning.

I would say its more a case will Bournemouth let Allsop go?

Furthermore his stock has surely risen and that would mean competition for his signiture.

After Leicester game I joined the Bournemouth banter page posted about Ryan playing at Wembley one of their fans replied said his contract was up and he’s well down the pecking order at Bournemouth.

After Leicester game I joined the Bournemouth banter page posted about Ryan playing at Wembley one of their fans replied said his contract was up and he’s well down the pecking order at Bournemouth.

Interesting. I would sign him in a heartbeat.

Allsop is an exceptional shot stopper with extremely quick reactions.

His "weaknesses" are decision making (crosses, through balls etc) and distribution in my view but the term weakness is relative as, without him, the Checkatrade trophy 2018 would not be sitting at SB.

I think he will be moving back at the end of the season (or moving on) unless we are a L1 club

For me Vickers would be number 1. Both are good shot stoppers. Allsopp recently has made a few worldies (checkatrade final comes to mind). There is not a lot between them but I think Vickers is superior at kicking. Often I’ve seen Allsopps kicking go awol during a game!

I would say its more a case will Bournemouth let Allsop go?

Furthermore his stock has surely risen and that would mean competition for his signiture.

Agree with all of this. He was very highly rated at WBA as a junior but hasn’t had a regular team at first team level, having had many loans. I’d say he’s flourished with us and is improving markedly. I’d love him to be signed on and think he would establish himself as our no1. But I’m sure others will have followed his progress too.