Mings
Digne

Kamara
Ramsey
Chukwuemeka

Coutinho
Buendia
Archer

If the answer is no, then I say why not go for it? This season for me, is all about building for next season. We're not going to challenge for champions league places so why not see if a couple of the kids can sink or swim? If they sink then next summer we spend BIG on a striker and a no.8. But if they swim..... Well the world is our lobster.

We might also stand a chance of winning a cup if we can bring in the likes of Mcginn, Watkins and Ings for the cup games.

I honestly think its a good idea. The problem is most fans have no patience so the idea of waiting another season to see the rewards would just not be acceptable to most.

I'm not sure about relegation but I'm also not sure we'd finish much higher than where we were last season which I don't think the owners and some portion of fans would accept that.

I would not be against Archer and Chukwuemeka being given proper first team chances this coming season but I can't see them starting week in week out.

Probably wouldn't get relegated but certainly would lose at least as many as last season which was half the games. I certainly wouldn't be looking to weaken the starting lineup just to try and prove a point about kids. Southgate has a thing about playing younger players but unfortunately, you don't get extra points for fielding the youngest team, they normally get steamrollered by the older lads. They play in age groups for a reason. Some can do it but most can't
Like JW says the owners and Stevie Gee are here to win stuff

Martinez

Cash
Carlos
Mings
Digne

Kamara
Ramsey
Chukwuemeka

Coutinho
Buendia
Archer

If the answer is no, then I say why not go for it? This season for me, is all about building for next season. We're not going to challenge for champions league places so why not see if a couple of the kids can sink or swim? If they sink then next summer we spend BIG on a striker and a no.8. But if they swim..... Well the world is our lobster.

We might also stand a chance of winning a cup if we can bring in the likes of Mcginn, Watkins and Ings for the cup games.

I honestly think its a good idea. The problem is most fans have no patience so the idea of waiting another season to see the rewards would just not be acceptable to most.

Have you been drinking this morning?. Lol.

1- It shows why, like all of us you write bollocks on a football forum and have no clue how to plan, run, manage and progress an elite football club.

2- This impatience thing you often talk about. You do realise that a lot of us ( as I am sure you are) have lived with no achievement prior to 2019 . So this ‘impatience’ isn’t something that has come about since promotion, it is far beyond that.

3- We won’t be in a position to spend big/ attract any big striker or number 8 - whatever that it is - if we keep dicking around in the bottom half and fall further behind the likes of West Ham, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle who finished above us last season.

Might aswell throw my ST in then if next season is just a building/training season where it doesn’t matter how low we finish but we give the kids a go and see what happens.

The ’building’ precedes SG . We were not ground zero when SG was appointed. What you are suggesting is newly promoted ambition and not 4th season back up .

And finally . No way will ‘serial winner’ SG stake his reputation on that team. Goes completely against his soundbites at the end of last season as well where he was adamant that a club like Aston Villa won’t be and shouldn’t be finishing where we did last season.

No way, not a chance will the board accept 14th again from SG, let alone lower.

Great idea. For a game of Fifa 23 though. Gotta love the close season.

Last edited:
We should be building every season, but at the end of the day, if we actually want to achieve anything we need to spend big every single season.

I think I read somewhere, or it might just be my own idea that 27 average age is about right for a team. Our Oldest player is 30? and JJ is what 20

I think I read somewhere, or it might just be my own idea that 27 average age is about right for a team. Our Oldest player is 30? and JJ is what 20

Last season it was about 25, one of the youngest in the Premier league and that's with Ashley Young.

Last season it was about 25, one of the youngest in the Premier league and that's with Ashley Young.
So yep we need a few older heads in there to stop the panic in the last 20 mins that sets in most games.
we see how our u23 side fairs in the Papa John to know what happens if you play a team based on age

I don't think you can look at it in black and white terms like this, you have 38 games in a season where players suffer from loss of form and injuries, so it's inevitable that there are going to be changes to starting line ups and formations.

Maybe this will be one of the teams that starts a single game, but I don't think we should be saying yeah this team for every single game.

Re- looking at that line up as first choice. Actually it is relegation fodder.

Three inexperienced, JJ is still developing and is still inexperienced as was shown by his tail off last season. Two of whom completely untested . Add to that the disappointing Buendia who can easily be the same as last season and two new to the league players

That's 5 of that front 6 that are vulnerable for a variety of reasons going into next season Thank god SG won't let that team see the light of day.

it's the first team weakened by a kid who hasn't/doesn't want to sign a contract and another who scored 7 goals in the championship.
(and the hope the new signings aren't useless)

any lower than 10th this season is another failure for Stevie Geee/the club/owners etc

I don't think that team would get relegated.

I think a "building" season using youngsters as first teamers is only something a club with no other choice would do. We really should be pushing on next season, enough building has been done in the last couple of years.

I do however like the look of that team, and would imagine we could see it in cup games or even the odd league game, depending on how well Archer and Chuck do next season.

Have you been drinking this morning?. Lol.

1- It shows why, like all of us you write bollocks on a football forum and have no clue how to plan, run, manage and progress an elite football club.

2- This impatience thing you often talk about. You do realise that a lot of us ( as I am sure you are) have lived with no achievement prior to 2019 . So this ‘impatience’ isn’t something that has come about since promotion, it is far beyond that.

3- We won’t be in a position to spend big/ attract any big striker or number 8 - whatever that it is - if we keep dicking around in the bottom half and fall further behind the likes of West Ham, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle who finished above us last season.

Might aswell throw my ST in then if next season is just a building/training season where it doesn’t matter how low we finish but we give the kids a go and see what happens.

The ’building’ precedes SG . We were not ground zero when SG was appointed. What you are suggesting is newly promoted ambition and not 4th season back up .

And finally . No way will ‘serial winner’ SG stake his reputation on that team. Goes completely against his soundbites at the end of last season as well where he was adamant that a club like Aston Villa won’t be and shouldn’t be finishing where we did last season.

No way, not a chance will the board accept 14th again from SG, let alone lower.

Great idea. For a game of Fifa 23 though. Gotta love the close season.

That was a lot of verbal dioreah and you didn't even answer the question. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Some of you are acting like that's a B-Team.

As someone has already pointed out that is actually our best starting XI bar Chuk and Archer who are untested at this level.

I personally think Archer would do better than Watkins. Ollie has experience over him but that's about it. Archer looks a more natural goalscorer and has so far risen to every level he's been tried at.

So really the only major gamble is Chuk in for Mcginn coz Mcginn is a good player....but is he the future?

Firstly, no I don’t think we would go down if that was the regular starting 11.
However, I think Chukwuemeka’s work ethic would have to change dramatically for him to be a regular starter. Whenever I’ve watched him play in the first team, he has always looked, well let’s just say, a bit on the lazy side.
Having both Ramsey and Chukwuemeka in a midfield 3 would put a huge burden on Kamara, and that I feel would be a bit unfair on him, especially as it’s his first season in the PL.
As for Archer, I would definitely like to see him given a chance, and If we’re not going to bring another striker in, I hope SG keeps him in the group.
I am, and always have been, in favour of giving our youngsters ADEQUATE opportunities. If they make the most of those opportunities and they prove they can do at least as well as their piers, then and only then, should they be pencilled in as regular starters.
After all isn’t that how Ramsey has got to where he is now.