Worth A Mention | Page 2 | Vital Football

Worth A Mention

Had to pinch myself when I woke up. Watched match in Sheffield at my cousin’s where we are staying. Currently trying to rearrange my work commitments on Wednesday so I can watch semi final from beginning. Glad we are playing Croatia as I think the Russians may have been a tad hostile.

It feels like dreamland. World Cup semi finals don’t come along too often, in these parts. Think we could actually do it!

Tough ask on Wednesday , but we can do it ! One things for sure ...they’ve got the backing of the nation !

And the expats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up Saturday morning at 03:00 after huge day Friday then had another huge day finishing design meeting with a client at 20:45 then settled down for England KO at midnight and hit the sack 23 hours afer getting up - ecstactically happy I might add but had to stifle celebrations when the goals were scored as in the dead of night. Semi is 04:00 KO , 3rd place midnight and the final is 01:00. Told Mrs S that if we reach the final she might want to sit up and watch it with me (unlikely) or go stay at a friends as I aint being quiet if we play the final!!!!

So disappointed. It was like watching Norwich in that second half. No punch upfront and no real ideas.

So bloody close. I just can't see us getting that far in next few world cups.

One shot on target all game I think . we really did look second class after the early hope . Sterling isn’t England class for me , and Kane finished his World Cup looking out of sorts

Not bothering watching Saturdays game for losers, and can’t be bothered to watch the final . Just hope France beat the Croats

I had booked the day off work on Sunday (the eternal optimist) but will be cancelling it. Should get home to see the second half of the final but don’t think I’ll bother even listening on the radio on Saturday, as I’m working again.

Lots of hype about us all feeling proud...Strange because I feel the normal deflated let down England supporter!

Taking wife away for the weekend now, get drunk forget about the final and 3rd 4th place game that really holds no interest for me.....it really was like being a Norwich supporter!

Another very Norwich performance today.

I was wondering if you guys think Maddison will be in the England squad for 2020? They were going on about us missing a spark and I wonder if he would be the answer

I hope he will , and should be a star in the 2022 World Cup . Didn’t bother watching today after feeling so let down on Wednesday night

He may well be in team.
He would be the spark that is missing
Did watch game whilst working and finishing cost us today.