Worst of the lot!!! | Vital Football

Worst of the lot!!!

Who do you think is the worst manager we have had?

• Warren Joyce

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Kolo Toure

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Malky MacKay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Sheridan

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Owen Coyle

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Gary Caldwell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've gone Joyce, just cos I expected so much more from him.

I wasn't that particularly enamoured by any of the others (except GC, not really sure why he's in the list), but I was looking forward to Joyce showing what he could do with the big boys (so to speak).

What a disappointment.

Kenny Swain had a budget of about £300 a season, the others had £Millions

True, Swain was bad, but I'm not sure we could afford to give away the piss, never mind being without a pot. Sheridan was bad, but I give him some credit as he did try to help us in our hour of need. Agree Coyle and Caldwell weren't as bad as the others.

Joyce takes it for me, an absolute disaster of a manager, Toure was heading that way, but at least we got rid of him relatively quickly

Not sure why Caldwell is in the list. I'm going for Joyce. Some folk think the football is slow under Maloney. But under Joyce, it was probably the only time in my life as a latics fan I actually dreaded going. A VAR replay was faster than Joyce's style of football.

Went for Joyce, at least Kolo tried to win football matches, albeit he failed miserably on that front.

The players at Owen Coyle's disposal, to have them play the way he did was utterly horrendous. The stupid Bolton bastard.

Yesterday, I went Joyce. There are some persuasive arguments by others for Toure on here.

 Joyce
The assets wasted.
The promise unfulfilled.

 Toure
Hampered by the financial situation and what had happened to the payroll before he arrived.
The coaches he brought with him

I heard Kolo on Talksport the other day and he admitted he made a big mistake in trying to change things overnight. He said that if given the chance again he would take things slowly and make small adjustments one at a time.

I think he has learnt from the experience and might go on to be a decent manager in a couple of seasons, however I don't think Joyce ever learnt and has gone on to repeat his mistakes.