Worst Loan Signing | Page 2 | Vital Football

Worst Loan Signing

Perhaps a little harsh based upon his age at the time ( 20 I think ) but Elliot Parish the goalkeeper we got in from Villa in the 2011 surrender was poor. 9 games he played and we lost 8 and drew 1 conceding 23 goals. His debut was the 6-0 home loss to Rotherham.
I suspect he was loaned with a guarantee of a first team start as nothing he did warranted his place in the team at that time ahead of Joe Anyon
On stats that’s probably hard to beat.
Another keeper came to mind, Simon Brown if my memory is correct

I didn't think Wilson was too bad, a pretty useful player. There's been far worse loan signings... Sahr Kabba, Tyrell Waite, Nathan Blissett.
Kabba wasn't on loan, and we signed Waite permanently after an initial loan period. That was very surprising.

Kabba struggled with muscle soreness and couldn't train much IIRC, but I think it eventually transpired that the issue was some medication he was on rather than his fitness per se.

Champion just didn't work out, he had a decent career behind him.

That winger from Bournemouth who was mentioned on here a few weeks back was the worst. He was a really bad player full stop.

I was forgetting he was a loanee, so do not get me started on that absolute waste of space. How did that clown ever secure a move to Celtic, or in fact Middlesbrough... or even any club in the Football League? Completely useless and a shocking attitude to boot. Quite rightly, he is now plying his trade in the Northern Premier and even that is probably too high a level for him.

He totally summed up the shambolic squad of that desperate season.
Is he playing at that level? Thought he was at Newark.

I can understand why Ben Hutchinson is on some peoples' lists. However he did get 4 goals, and for that reason alone,that does put him IMO,ahead of many of our goaless superstar forwards.

I can understand why Ben Hutchinson is on some peoples' lists. However he did get 4 goals, and for that reason alone,that does put him IMO,ahead of many of our goaless superstar forwards.
From the headline, I guess one must have been from the penalty spot. Now who is feeling a right tit?

vital111.jpg

So many mentioned already that I don’t even remember.....I suppose that says it all really!