Worrying lack of Rumours??? | Vital Football

Worrying lack of Rumours???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gratzimp

Vital Squad Member
To appease Jules (do sympathise with him, for having to continuously ask not to go off topic), Have started this thread.
Is the lack of rumours on new signings a good thing - meaning we are keeping our opposition out of any potential "steals", and will surprise them on matchday with a completely left-field signing. Or is it a case of there just isn't anyone that is available, that can do a job. Or worse still, are (as I posted in the other thread, and am very concerned about) we in a position where we are unable to bring in anyone?
We can't rely on loans to dig us out of the mire all the time, but that is all anybody seems to be talking about on the rumour mill - loan signings. Nothing really on permies coming in, more rumours of people leaving.
I understand that the club don't want to jeopardise any potential signings, but even before we have had a few teasers. At the moment nothing.

With 5 days to go till the window slams shut, should we be worried, as it is very clear where we are weak, and need strengthening.

I think it does mean we aren't going to see the big changes in playing staff that many predicted.

I think we will still see a midfield player and a "striker" come in, but unless there are other last minute departures after Hopper, that will be it.

A few of the young players like Long and the mysteriously absent Draper will go out on loan again. Maybe Makama or Kendall too.

Probably not a worry insofar as when we signed Shodipo, his name hadn't really come up. I think it was flagged right before we were looking at someone from QPR that's it. There have been a mix of signings we've known about for a while (Vernam, Mandroiu) and then a few that have just suddenly happened without so much as a rumour (Paudie, Oakley-Boothe). First time I heard Hopper to Colchester it sounded pretty much done too.

I think if the selling/loaning club is fairly professional or doesn't make a deal about it then it's probably not going to come up as we would prefer it to be on the downlow? Unlike say Shamrock Rovers where there was a lot of crowing about their manager and Mandroiu in the press etc beforehand.

So there could easy be 2/3 signings in the pipeline very shortly.

I'm also not sure about the thread thing like, do we really need a proliferation of so many threads when the conversation flows and it's pretty directly related (but I don't want to get into trouble again)...

Not worried as 99% of rumours in past windows were largely gonads.
Be concerned if we haven't done something come 11pm on the 31st though

I'm also not sure about the thread thing like, do we really need a proliferation of so many threads when the conversation flows and it's pretty directly related (but I don't want to get into trouble again)...

Sometimes a thread moves to a different topic completely, which is when a new thread should be started.

If it is not completely off the topic it isn't an issue, but a separate thread for a new topic means more people will actually see the new topic, rather than it getting lost in a thread that is already there and taking a thread off topic.

I'm not asking for much, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.