Worried | Vital Football

Worried

charlz54

Vital Squad Member
Yes, I know regular posters will say, hey Charlz is on here again being worried BUT with our ineffective dabbling in the transfer market and with our supposed targets getting away, I really am worried about our prospects this season. I sincerely hope that GC has got some rabbit up his sleeve that we haven't heard about yet because everything seems quiet on the transfer front with not long to go until the window shuts. I really don't want us to be in a relegation scrap this season but the feel good factor from last year seems to be evaporating fast.

Agreed, no signings so far is rather strange after the comments. My only thinking behind this is GC is taking a course on teamtalks during the day and the signings will happen after this

it is worrying. Certainly not how I'd have planned the window, but who knows what's been going on behind the scenes!
Fingers crossed for a good couple of days.

One thing that always amuses me about the last day or two of the transfer window is that people complain about things being left to the last minute, but then moan if we don't sign anybody on the last day even if we've signed 20 players in the rest of the window.

Two players arrived seperately at Euxton around lunchtime according to my spy at the TC

One young lad driving a Merc convertablewith his agent...Reece Burke? The other a tall, slim black lad, no idea who...unless Nathan Byrne?

Whittleblue - 30/8/2016 14:07

Byrne? Is the young wingback knob end and ourselves were linked with earlier in the summer?

Yep him ex Swindon, not sure at all if its him though just speculating but two players have arrived at Euxton with agents and JJ in tow

Ask your spy to keep his eyes open for a fellow wearing a dress going in, It could be that mon from Hearts and its a kilt not dress.

Barry W - 30/8/2016 13:53

Two players arrived seperately at Euxton around lunchtime according to my spy at the TC

One young lad driving a Merc convertablewith his agent...Reece Burke? The other a tall, slim black lad, no idea who...unless Nathan Byrne?

Byrne is short so unlikely to be him

SwindonLatic - 30/8/2016 14:49

It was a small bloke that told me about this, so he could be short, just tall to him ;-)

Barry W - 30/8/2016 14:56

SwindonLatic - 30/8/2016 14:49

It was a small bloke that told me about this, so he could be short, just tall to him ;-)

True. Just did a quick search and Byrne is 5ft 9in. How tall is your mate?

I was there when he drove in .... it IS either Mario Balotelli or Aroune Kone. The car was going quite fast, so a good peep was a bit hard.

Worrying about the transfer deadline every year is a bit monotonous isn't it?
It is always the same.
I was talking to Preston fan at work today, and it seems they have their share of these type of "supporters" too. He, like me takes the more realistic view that we are not so high up the food chain so we have to wait our turn. GC & JJ will do what is right for the club and no amount of claiming that taking so long is detrimental will change that.
I'm not worried at all.
We will finish mid table and how long it takes to get players in or out is not going to change that.

henski - 30/8/2016 17:17

Worrying about the transfer deadline every year is a bit monotonous isn't it?
It is always the same.
I was talking to Preston fan at work today, and it seems they have their share of these type of "supporters" too. He, like me takes the more realistic view that we are not so high up the food chain so we have to wait our turn. GC & JJ will do what is right for the club and no amount of claiming that taking so long is detrimental will change that.
I'm not worried at all.
We will finish mid table and how long it takes to get players in or out is not going to change that.

:clap: