Worried we might lose Enda.. | Vital Football

Worried we might lose Enda..

MaxBlade

Vital Youth Team
I think if I said 'Enda Stevens has had a good start to the season' it may well be considered somewhat of an understatement!

Lets be honest, the boy has been bloody fantastic, looks completely at home on the Premier stage and for me at least, has been the stand out player of the new campaign so far - not taking anything away from the rest of the Bladesmen 'cos they've all been brilliant.

The flip side of that of course is that now he is being showcased in front of a global audience, coupled wth his appearances on the international scene with the ROI, I just wonder how long it will be before the big boys come knocking with their big fat cheque books to start waving under the noses of tweedle dumb & tweedle even dumber...

I really hope I'm wrong but I think the January transfer window might not be a particulary pleasent experience this time round....

As a Premier League club our only worry about losing players should be if one the top six or major European clubs want our players.

If one of the top six or major European clubs want them we will receive massive transfer fees, giving us the chance to improve.

If we as a Premier League club lose our best players to Southampton, Brighton, Watford, Palace, Burnley etc we will eventually end up where we deserve.

Oh ye of little faith Max. Fret not.
We are one of the big clubs now.......................................aren’t we?
Anyway, where else could he play at this level with three of his Irish mates (four if you count Norwood).

Oh ye of little faith Max. Fret not.
We are one of the big clubs now.......................................aren’t we?
Anyway, where else could he play at this level with three of his Irish mates (four if you count Norwood).
But we’re unfashionable it must be reyt Danny mills sez so

I said abit back worever league DEM MIGHTY BLADES are in next season ENDA will be a Premier League player.His form has been brilliant since the turn of the year.UTMPB

Players will come and go but at least now the clout and shekels of the PL means we won't be losing our better players like Harry and Che for peanuts.

If Enda leaves it will be for a fee that'll cover a quality replacement.

I personally don't think we've got anybody in our squad that would interest any of the top eight clubs, so therefore we shouldn't be losing anybody.

The only thing that could happen in January is somebody like Palace or Watford or Brighton or Southampton or Burnley try a £15 million bid, which if successful will lead to the same player moving to the top six or abroad for £50 or £60 million within another year or two.

If we don't fight against these very average, and even small sized clubs and become the direct seller to Man City, Juventus, Barcelona, we'll end up going back down again. We can't compete if Man City want our player, but if we get bullied by the lower half of the Premier league we're in trouble.

Keep our best players tied up with long contracts that are negotiated two years before they end so that we're never in that final year scenario and we'll be ok steadily improving during each window.

I don't worry, because football is worse than the fashion industry for following trends, the fashion now, is young players, very few players over 26 were sold in the last window for "top dollar" So clubs would prefer to spend their money on "potential" rather than a proven 29 year old.

I think if I said 'Enda Stevens has had a good start to the season' it may well be considered somewhat of an understatement!

Lets be honest, the boy has been bloody fantastic, looks completely at home on the Premier stage and for me at least, has been the stand out player of the new campaign so far - not taking anything away from the rest of the Bladesmen 'cos they've all been brilliant.

The flip side of that of course is that now he is being showcased in front of a global audience, coupled wth his appearances on the international scene with the ROI, I just wonder how long it will be before the big boys come knocking with their big fat cheque books to start waving under the noses of tweedle dumb & tweedle even dumber...

I really hope I'm wrong but I think the January transfer window might not be a particulary pleasent experience this time round....
I said exactly the same in some of the match threads,he will be getting noticed,and it would not surprise me if one of the big clubs came for him.

Buy better than you sell your on the way up, sell better than you buy your on the way down.

Enda is a star, but he's a star of the way we play. As Duffers has found out, going to another team to play another role doesn't always work out. If there's one thing CW is really good at, its round pegs, round holes...

Enda is a star, but he's a star of the way we play. As Duffers has found out, going to another team to play another role doesn't always work out. If there's one thing CW is really good at, its round pegs, round holes...

This hits the nail on the head . Agree he's been our best player for the last 12 months & has stepped up seamlessly to the Premier League. However he's had his moments for Ireland but he is not half as effective for them in a back 4 as he is playing wing back in our system . Unless any of the more elite teams are looking to change their system I'm not sure they would look at him as a left back.
More worried about Egan & Norwood who would fit into any teams system !