Worrall............... | Vital Football

Worrall...............

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
I really can't get my head around this one......................

ASTON VILLA, STOKE AND WEST BROM SCRAP WITH RANGERS OVER CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENDER.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a...crap-with-rangers-over-championship-defender/

We can't find a place in our side for Joe Worrall yet all those clubs above (on paper, are in my opinion) have much better potential (at the moment) than us.

The only club from those above except Stoke are certainly in better positions but once Stoke find their feet I expect them to come good.

Look at some of the players that these teams have!!! yet it seems they can all accommodate Joe.

I understand though it could all be paper talk.

It's ridiculous how we leak goals but other teams see our England U23 Captain as a player who will go straight into their teams or squads with all these sides in our league (except Rangers).

Should he go to any of these Championship sides and help in their promotional drive would be a travesty when we can't even get him on our bench!!!

Is it that we have far - far better defenders than these other clubs that we can afford to let him go? - I don't think so - it's BARMY.

Out of the clubs he’s being linked with for a loan move, I’d prefer him to go to Rangers and play under Gerrard personally.

I can’t for the life of me see him getting much game time at any of the other named clubs. And if Karanka only wants experience at the back I don’t understand why we didn’t cash in when burnley were sniffing.

Between Worrall and Brereton we could have made c£20m profit at one point.

Rangers? lol.

I don't think it would benefit Worrall playing League One football at this stage of his career.

Gerrard is more likely to give him playing time than the other clubs mentioned. That’s my only logic.

If he isn't likely to play for us, then go out on loan. Daws has only got a season or two in him and Fox a bit more. Either could go down with an injury any time. I can't see him getting much more game time at likes of Villa, WBA etc. Don't wish to aid their season either. Let him go to Rangers. Yes, many of the games are league one but he will also play Celtic 6 times, Aberdeen etc who have decent teams. Let him go till Xmas and review. He may set division alight or we may desperately need him here. Personally I would prefer to see him play with a decent side in front of him. He played many games with a midfield made up of Oz, Bridcutt, Dowell and McKay. Hardly a midfield made of steel.

Still don't get why we are persisting with the same back 4 that we almost got relegated with while we have signed a whole new defence?

I don't think we should sell worrall but at the moment he needs to be getting game time on loan, Rangers would suit I think.
Yeah, i agree Joe needs game time and not likely to get it at Forest unless we have an injury crisis. AK has been loyal to his defence so far, but surely now is time for a change. We need a proper left back and strong centre backs, who are not going to be dominated aerially.

Worrall needs game time, simple as that. If we can’t give it him this season then a loan makes sense. Rangers is a decent fit as he will be playing at a similar level in front of big crowds and he will also get European football.

Agreed that a loan to Rangers would suit all parties if he isn’t going to command a first team place in the garibaldi. It’s a physical league and Rangers will be at the right end of the table winning games at least, so a good confidence builder to boot.

Not sure it’s a given that playing under Stevie G would be as beneficial as some think, not really sure what they know that I don’t, been as though this is his first crack at management, he’s unquestionably a fantastic leader on the pitch but his coaching record to date is by definition non-existent. But on a personal not I really hope he does well, if Joe can score a header and stuff Celtic I wouldn’t be against that!??

Looks like Rangers could progress in Europe as well.

Speaking of... Bouch couldnt get in our side but he has scored against Burnley. Who knew...? ?

Olympiakos 3 - 1 Burnley

Comfortable win for a team with years of experience in Europe against one with a whole lot of naivety.

If the club really do want to keep him, then offer him a new deal on improved terms and then loan him to Rangers for the season. Agree with PVH that JW would benefit from playing under Gerrard and also under the scrutiny of a club like that.
except its league one standard