Woodyard! Would you sell? | Vital Football

Woodyard! Would you sell?

GoodoImp

Vital Newbie
With the play off campaign coming to a end there has been a lot of talk about a lack of creativity in Midfield! With Bostwick re-signing and Frecklington under contract for another 2 years could it be time to cash in on our prize asset and use the money to get a playmaker in? Bostwick in Woodyard position would be a natural fit!

No Bossie and Woodyard are not like for like. Bostwick provides cover, reads the game and is there to win headers along with a bigger physical presence. Woodyard is the Duracel bunny that does not give opponents a moments rest for 46 league games a season. We have creative players in Frecklington and Pett we just have to find a way of using them more by not by passing midfield as much.

"Alex is the DNA of our team" (Danny Cowley). Absolutely no way would he be sold unless it was some incredible opportunity for the guy that was too good to turn down.

I think the question for any player should be 'how much would it take?' I'm not sure of the answer but I assume there's a clause involved.

Everybody has their price and if you look at the rest of the team he is probably the one who would be eyed by other teams which may start a bidding war.

I'm not advocating selling him , but we've all said on other threads that new players are needed so he may have to be the one we sell to assist in that funding

Everybody has their price and if you look at the rest of the team he is probably the one who would be eyed by other teams which may start a bidding war.

I'm not advocating selling him , but we've all said on other threads that new players are needed so he may have to be the one we sell to assist in that funding

I agree! Not for one minute am I saying sell him but I can see a situation arising where maybe Alex would want to play at a higher level and Lincoln may feel we could get a decent 6 figure sum! As they say You never know in Football!

Ambitious clubs don't sell their best players, and give that we are an ambitious club you have your answer...

Bloody hell we're not owned by a country. With the exception of maybe 5 clubs in the world successful sustainable football clubs are the ones that not only buy well but also sell well.

Well you look at Chelsea who might sell Hazard to fund their transfer plans. Man City may sell Aguero to do the same.

If the offer is too good to turn down he'll be sold and we may not be happy about it initially but it will be understandable

Some fancy sums mentioned for a 25 year old who has never played higher and is a bit of a one manager man. Solid, but I'm honestly not convinced there will be much of a queue for him from higher up.