Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 39 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

30 000 @ The Eitihad
25 000 @ Stamford Bridge
3 000 @ Ashton Gate

As I've said, the future lies with television and sponsorship money. Hugely disappointing for the Villa hierarchy and the women themselves I expect. The time to play in larger stadiums for Villa would be in tandem with the men's games. One thing to turn on the TV, completely different to physically commit and pay money for the privilege of attending.

Will continue to watch events surrounding the game's development with interest.

At least it was a Manchester Derby at The Etihad and a local rivalry in London, for a lot of people of these bigger clubs it’s a chance to visit the stadium for the first time (or just getting the chance to visit at all because of ticket availability) or it’s cheaper than usual. At Villa it was Vs Blackburn in the second division... not very attractive, there’s a lot of work to be done yet it seems. The OS claims it was a ‘very vocal Villa Park crowd’ and a ‘strong turnout’, really are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

The owners must have invested a bit over the summer as our ladies side are top at the halfway point and still unbeaten as well. Be interesting to see what happens if they do go up.

Was only talking about Eni the other day when she announced her retirement, nice high profile appointment by the club which I weren’t expecting and proof they’re taking the ladies side of things seriously. The only thing blues have ever really been ahead of us in but not for much longer.

It's nice to see Aston Villa ladies still doing so well. It looks like they're on for promotion.

Meanwhile, the other lot look hell bent on relegation................

It's nice to see Aston Villa ladies still doing so well. It looks like they're on for promotion.

Meanwhile, the other lot look hell bent on relegation................

From what I've seen after years of them nicking our best young players we've returned the favour and signed a few back. Its good to see that the one area where they've consistently been better than us is being put right.

After gaining promotion to the Women's Super League, Villa have let go 8 of their Championship winning squad. Amongst them is Mel Johnson, top scorer with 13 goals and 4 assists. Bit of a surprise that.

After gaining promotion to the Women's Super League, Villa have let go 8 of their Championship winning squad. Amongst them is Mel Johnson, top scorer with 13 goals and 4 assists. Bit of a surprise that.

Looks like they are going to do what the men's team did last season and buy virtually a new team.

Relegation next season then.

Looks like they are going to do what the men's team did last season and buy virtually a new team.

Relegation next season then.

From what I understand they pretty much mostly had a new team last season as well. The women's side have gone from finishing 2nd bottom two years ago to mid table last year to winning the league unbeaten this year so whoever is running things for them seems to know what they're doing at least.

The women's side have already signed 2 players. Both experienced players in the top division including one with over 70 England caps. Maybe they could have shared this methodology with Suso last May.

The women's side have already signed 2 players. Both experienced players in the top division including one with over 70 England caps. Maybe they could have shared this methodology with Suso last May.

a really great achievement, they have a great manager there

I'm not sure what the TV coverage is like but I'm looking forward to seeing how we get on back in the top tier, the women's team seem to have a good set-up now.

Did i read we have signed a Portugese international now. Looks like we are having a real go at staying in the WSL next season. Im going to resist the obvious comparison with the men but i wish them all the best and im looking forward to seeing how it works out.