Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 37 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

Many other time served refs who have got the big games under their belts. She has done just 2 Ligue One games and doesnt get this game on merit. When she can put her CV on the table then she gets the games.

Lol, amazing how would up you are getting about what is basically the European charity shield :lol:

Wow!

Let's move out of the dark ages. She matched her male counterparts from what I have read. Without opportunity she will never prove or disprove her competence.
Wow indeed. The whole point of show piece finals is you put the top refs into these games alongside the top players, not shove someone in just because EUFA want more women involved in the game.

She refereed the Women's World Cup Final. I would suggest that is a pretty decent benchmark.

Perhaps the following article will help enlighten you a bit more?

https://www.france24.com/en/2019081...e-frappart-history-liverpool-chelsea-istanbul
She got the Womens World Cup Final because it was a womens final and understandably FIFA wanted a woman to do the game. I get that and dont have a problem.
With regard to the article I have read it previously and if memory serves me right it states virtually all of her expieriance is in the lower French league.
JPA I am not anti this woman but really dont believe that it is a mertit based apppointment.

She got the Womens World Cup Final because it was a womens final and understandably FIFA wanted a woman to do the game. I get that and dont have a problem.
With regard to the article I have read it previously and if memory serves me right it states virtually all of her expieriance is in the lower French league.
JPA I am not anti this woman but really dont believe that it is a mertit based apppointment.

So what if it is not merit-based? Hardly anything in football ever is these days.

She is a pioneer for women's referees and match officials and hopefully this will inspire others. If she's good enough, she's ready for the promotion.

So what if it is not merit-based? Hardly anything in football ever is these days.

She is a pioneer for women's referees and match officials and hopefully this will inspire others. If she's good enough, she's ready for the promotion.
Well, there you have it. I believe in a meritocracy where you earn the right and you dont.

Well, there you have it. I believe in a meritocracy where you earn the right and you dont.

Obviously you were in on the meeting where they decided on the match officials for this game. I do apologise.

And I didn't say I didn't believe in meritocracy, I just said that very little in football works that way. It is no surprise if this appointment was made on a different basis. But as I said, obviously you know what was discussed. Fair play to you.

Obviously you were in on the meeting where they decided on the match officials for this game. I do apologise.

And I didn't say I didn't believe in meritocracy, I just said that very little in football works that way. It is no surprise if this appointment was made on a different basis. But as I said, obviously you know what was discussed. Fair play to you.
Why is it not a surprise the appoinment was made on a different basis?

You did say "so what" which seems to imply you dont care.

Why is it not a surprise the appoinment was made on a different basis?

The track record of organisations like the FA, UEFA and FIFA is littered with corruption, backhanders, jobs-for-the-boys (or in this case, girls).

And I said IF the appointment was made other than on merit. I don't know.

You did say "so what" which seems to imply you dont care.

Quite honestly, I don't. It was a meaningless match between two teams I care little for.

I just find it depressing when forward-thinking and innovative decisions are made and then people see fit to wibble about it on the basis of it not being merited, when it's patently obvious that the problem is that the referee was female.

Had it been a male FIFA-qualified ref no one had heard of, it wouldn't have even been mentioned.

The track record of organisations like the FA, UEFA and FIFA is littered with corruption, backhanders, jobs-for-the-boys (or in this case, girls).

And I said IF the appointment was made other than on merit. I don't know.
Well JPA yes your opening paragraph is something I definatly agree with you on. Always was, still is.

Quite honestly, I don't. It was a meaningless match between two teams I care little for.

I just find it depressing when forward-thinking and innovative decisions are made and then people see fit to wibble about it on the basis of it not being merited, when it's patently obvious that the problem is that the referee was female.

Had it been a male FIFA-qualified ref no one had heard of, it wouldn't have even been mentioned.
It would if he had a poor game because the question would have been asked by all concerned how come he got the match, and quite rightly so.

It would if he had a poor game because the question would have been asked by all concerned how come he got the match, and quite rightly so.

She had a very good game in my opinion, apart from the penalty decision, where she was badly let down by the VAR officials.