Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

Personally I have no problem with female pundits covering the mens game as long as they make sense when they talk about the game. I mean there are plenty of useless male pundits and I have met many women who know their eggs when it comes to football.

I'm not a follower of women's football but as others have said I want any team bearing the Villa name and shirt to do well. Hopefully our owners will be able to give them more support than they've received in the past.

As I said I'm not a follower of the women's game but I like the idea that if I had a daughter she could dream of pulling on the claret and blue just as much as a lad could.

I work in what was a male dominated industry. Then In came the pc brigade saying that there weren’t enough females doing these jobs. Fast forward some years and it’s rammed down our throats on social media every day about women in the industry and how we need more and more.
The industry I work in is a very technical one hence why it was so male dominated. Women generally are not into taking mechanical things apart and putting them back together. But due to this constant pc bullshit of pushing women forward for jobs I’m now in an industry where professional knowledge is at it’s lowest and is full of pushy women salespeople who know sweet fa about the product they are selling.
Also it has had an adverse affect on salaries with women prepared to work for lower amounts as in a lot of cases theirs is a second income in the household.
I’m all for the best person being selected for the job but due to pc it’s becoming ridiculous.

Well you can all get stuck into me, but I dont care.
I couldnt care less about womens football. If they want to play the game great for them. But we have now got to the stage where we have to suffer womens opinions about every aspect of the game purely because the tv diversity officers say we do.
Match of the Day, Football Focus, the Championship on Quest, Five Live 605 all the FA Cup games. Clear off, go and talk about womens football, netball, knitting or anything you want but leave our game alone.

Does that include female posters on this here thread, in your opinion?

Fellow supporters of this great club who have travelled home and away, standing in the holte end with me dad aged 4.

Should I clear off?

Sorry mate but think I’ll stick around thanks very much.

Did someone say dinosaur?

Reading some of these comments and all I can say is WOW.

How the bloody hell did this become a discussion about how women can’t do “technical jobs” ffs. Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Pathetic.

No one is ramming anything down your throats. Personally, couldn’t give a shit if any of you are interested in women’s football. My opinion is that, as with the Man City approach, let’s dominate football in every way possible to be as successful and inclusive a club as possible. If some are interested great, of others aren’t, no problem.

But I’m sorry some of the things being said in this thread are just bonkers.

Football is everyone’s game. What you’re saying is similar to saying ‘I don’t want any blacks in my game’, ‘I don’t want any gays in my game’. I was chatting to a lovely female season ticket holder in the Piccadilly Tap after the game yesterday in Manchester, the more the merrier for me.

Amen.

It’s vile prejudice no two which ways about it.

And before someone starts whinging I’m all for freedom of speech so bring it on. If you want to be a closed minded idiot then that’s your prerogative.

Does that include female posters on this here thread, in your opinion?

Fellow supporters of this great club who have travelled home and away, standing in the holte end with me dad aged 4.

Should I clear off?

Sorry mate but think I’ll stick around thanks very much.

Did someone say dinosaur?
Read the initial post. It doesnt say anything about female fans, so there is your answer. Also read the thread with regard to my daughter and the abuse that she the team and I used to suffer most weekends.
But it still doesnt alter the fact that I have no interest in womens football and dont enjoy listning to women commentators. Not sexist just dont enjoy it.

Read the initial post. It doesnt say anything about female fans, so there is your answer. Also read the thread with regard to my daughter and the abuse that she the team and I used to suffer most weekends.
But it still doesnt alter the fact that I have no interest in womens football and dont enjoy listning to women commentators. Not sexist just dont enjoy it.

The comment “leave our game alone” makes you no better than those abusers you mention. Do you not consider how that might make female followers of the game feel?

Don’t care if you like women’s football or not or you like female commentators on the men’s game or not, that kind of comment suggests (whether you intended it or not) a prejudice.

The comment “leave our game alone” makes you no better than those abusers you mention. Do you not consider how that might make female followers of the game feel?

Don’t care if you like women’s football or not or you like female commentators on the men’s game or not, that kind of comment suggests (whether you intended it or not) a prejudice.
I have posted earlier my reasons. It is not a prejudice, it is purely a personal choice that I dont like women commentators, I dont think they add anything to the commentry and given the standard of the commentary feel that thay are in situe not on merit but because of targets set by tv companies.

N problem whatsoever with women's football, women playing football etc.

But i am finding that there is a culture now where I feel that i am being told that it's a good product. In some ways , technically better than men's football, more skill and that it's getting ever more popular, and I MUST enjoy it. Likewise , the sudden influx of female pundits on not just football but other sports. Again nothing fundamentally wrong but feels very contrived and a cynical show of 'look how Pc we are ' by the media. In a way I don't blame them because everyone is shit scared of the 'holier than thou' brigade and want to be seen as pc. But I have yet to see a female pundit where I go wow you have really added to the debate in a new innovative way.

I don't watch women's football because I don't think it's very good. The standard is poor. That's not any different than me not watching Formula E compared with F1. Ones a better product than the other.

I’m yet to see a male pundit where I think wow you’ve really contributed in an innovative way.

It’s a game.

How innovative can punditry get?

I’m yet to see a male pundit where I think wow you’ve really contributed in an innovative way.

It’s a game.

How innovative can punditry get?
Yes there are some dire ones out there, but they usually get found out and slowly disappear. I dont think I said innovative?

Ticking bomb or.what?

Good to get this in the open so that we can look out ourselves and learn what prejudice is. Some of the comments are eye watering in there naivety - and I can imagine the same conversation about black players happening 50 years ago.

The women's game is here to stay. Pundits are pundits and mostly talk in clichés, so it doesn't matter who is dishing them out.

Great to hear Alison Mitchell on TMS! As for watching women’s football, I was really enjoying it the other night when my wife made me change channel. She’s a villa season ticket holder too so I don’t know what that means! I think women are playing a lot of good stuff now and will only get better.
If it’s not for you fine but why wouldn’t you want us to have a competitive women’s team - that’s what I can’t understand.

Ticking bomb or.what?

Good to get this in the open so that we can look out ourselves and learn what prejudice is. Some of the comments are eye watering in there naivety - and I can imagine the same conversation about black players happening 50 years ago.

The women's game is here to stay. Pundits are pundits and mostly talk in clichés, so it doesn't matter who is dishing them out.

Spot on!

The debate should be about the actual question, a good one, which was whether or not you would be interested or think it would be beneficial. If you would rather watch paint dry - fine, fair enough, each to their own!

It’s the way some bend the question and turn it into a dark age, political, sexist, non inclusive comments that make my head wobble.

End of the day it’s a bloody game. A great one but still a game.

Spot on!

The debate should be about the actual question, a good one, which was whether or not you would be interested or think it would be beneficial. If you would rather watch paint dry - fine, fair enough, each to their own!

It’s the way some bend the question and turn it into a dark age, political, sexist, non inclusive comments that make my head wobble.

End of the day it’s a bloody game. A great one but still a game.
:stupid:

One of the points made regarding the size of some of the continental crowds related to the communities supporting any of the club's sides. In much the same way as Villa used to draw large crowds for reserve and youth matches.

Perhaps the issue for some is that the women's game cannot contribute to the 1st team in the same way.

I have said in the past that throughout my life, I normally watch Northampton Town at least a couple of times a season. I don't go with the same expectation as watching a Premier League match, however on some occasions, the games have been more entertaining than watching Villa die a slow death.

I think the idea of watching the women's game from a different perspective is the only way to generate male interest. As regards my original point, I would take pride in seeing an Aston Villa women's side competing for top honours. If a team bears the name it reflects on the club. With renewed commitment, Man Utd have got to the Premier League in one season, Villa should aim to do the same IMO.

Their must be thousands of girls out there who could be enticed into the Aston Villa family via a women's team.