Women's euros | Vital Football

Women's euros

I wonder of we could tempt Beth Mead to us. Best English right winger around currently

She was doing everything yesterday, getting in the box, brilliant crosses and then the goal dribbling past a bunch of defenders.

I can't tell now if we're amazing, or we'll now lose in the first knockout to Germany or Spain :lol:

Quite the full-time scoreline too! 8-0s don't come along very often!

Be interesting how they get on against Northern Ireland, I'd expect NI to sit in a bit more and defend whereas well... not sure what Norway were doing, not to take anything away from England!

Spain looked quite good against Germany without having the final pass/goal, that'll be a tough test.

Suspect a few have played for lincoln ladies? Wasn't Daly's best game at left back today (she plays as a striker for Houston!) But she definitely played for the imps.

Terrific game today from England and Spain. Lots of high quality and intelligent play from numerous players on both teams. This was a real tussle between two tactically aware teams that served up a game full of tension that was nerve wracking but a joy to watch. Worthy of a final.

Last edited:
Terrific game today from England and Spain. Lots of high quality and intelligent play from numerous players on both teams. This was a real tussle between two tactically aware teams that served up a game full of tension that was nerve wracking but a joy to watch. Worthy of a final.

Agreed, really high quality. Obviously wanted england to win but enjoyed how Spain played. Lots of good technical players, some brilliant touches.

Really enjoying the games, and the quality and skill, especially in ball control, tactics and teamwork, has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. Spain were terrific and unlucky to lose to England, but England are resilient! With the lack (mostly) of the kidology and cheating as seen in the men's game, it's great to watch. Shame that the BBC commentators are non-stop verbiage, no space, no pauses. Have to press mute to prevent a headache!

Sweden started the game so well but England have found a way to stay on level terms. The England goal, a little against the run of play, has changed the game for England who are now beginning to stretch the Sweden defence. This game is set up for a tough second half that will be compelling to follow.

Was at the game, fantastic atmosphere.
No hint of anything threatening, no young lads off their faces etc. Would like to see the arrest /ejection stats for the tournament.
I have to say if I had young children I would definitely be taking them to womens football!

Was at the game, fantastic atmosphere.
No hint of anything threatening, no young lads off their faces etc. Would like to see the arrest /ejection stats for the tournament.
I have to say if I had young children I would definitely be taking them to womens football!

Was also there last night - was really impressed. Don't think I'd realised just how good Leah Williamson was from watching on the telly, just seemed to find a pass forwards out the back every single time without every looking even a tiny bit stressed.

And what a backheel!

Should be a good second semi final then a huge game at Wembley... hope they can do it!

Great stuff, very entertaining game. Another game that demonstrates the value of having a very good keeper.

Earps kept it 0-0 after a minute with an excellent save. Kept Sweden out when England were 2-0 up and pressing to get back into it with a great tip over the bar. Swedish keeper let's the backheel through her legs to effectively finish the match off and gives Kirby a nice 4th with a bit of a flap at the chip.