Women and cushions | Vital Football

Women and cushions

upthevilla

Vital 1st Team Regular
What is it about cushions and women? A sofa in both living rooms and just enough space to sit uncomfortably in the middle of a two sweater with the my butt sinking into the gap.
Don't even start me on the display armchair that's not for sitting on. I may just have to light one of the relaxation candles to chill myself out a bit. Oops forgot, they're for display only as well!!! You can't live with 'em, and you can't live with 'em. :17:

Cushions are a fab invention, however must be plumped back up and put back properly on the sofa/chair when you get up, else they look a mess :14:

Cushons are a pain. My sofa works quite well without them and whenever we have guests they end up on the floor anyway.

Not just women upthevilla. The sodding things are everywhere in my lounge. I end up having one behind me, one on my lap and one on the floor.

Dave Gorman got fed up with cushions around the house, including on the bed, that were just for decoration. His solution? He put a Top Hat on the toilet seat. You have to take it off to use the loo, but then you put it back again.

Apparently, his wife saw the funny side.

Some women do it with tea towels aswell. I got a bollocking once for wiping the side down with her "good tea towell". I was also read the riot act for sitting on a pillow and squashing it. I dumped her shortly after that, can't put up with that nonsense.

She's very house proud, likes everything clean, tidy (except the bedroom floor, which is where she stores her clothes), but she's got this thing for colour coordinated cushions which would be acceptable if I could use them to support my back, but I can't sit on them because they end up looking crap and they're meticulously placed in a particular way, and I get that look when I've moved them, so I can only sit in the bit in the middle. We've been together 8 years and she seems to have a cushion change every 3 months. Shouldn't grumble, as far as faults go she doesn't have that many, and it was one of those in the moment vents.
As for propping myself up with them in the bedroom, I have to agree KK, perfect for sitting up with the Sunday times financial supplement and a cup of Twinings English Breakfast on a Sunday morning, what, what...

My wife stated on Saturday that the new cushions she bought only a couple of months ago were no good as they were ripped. So what I'd we have to do? Go back to the same shop to buy some more of course silly. What really grinds my gears is that the bad cushions have been left in a plastic bag on the stairs waiting for the tidy monkey to come and take them away somewhere. Looks like I'm in a battle of wills again. How long will they remain there? I will report back. :26:

It's part of their evolutionary psychology - they are nest builders by default who must maintain the nest. We are only concerned with the structural integrity of said next, not whether the red twig goes with faux leather and woollen trim. Indulge her. It's probably important to her and it'll show you care.

Villa_Grizzly - 6/5/2014 09:01

It's part of their evolutionary psychology - they are nest builders by default who must maintain the nest. We are only concerned with the structural integrity of said next, not whether the red twig goes with faux leather and woollen trim. Indulge her. It's probably important to her and it'll show you care.

:1: :1: :1: Now here is a man who knows how to treat his wife :14:

upthevilla - 6/5/2014 22:00

No, in fact it was a new kushion :17:

Perhaps you could buy her a make your own cushion set for a present then she could enjoy a new hobby :17:

Our cushions do me head in, silky cushions on leather settee's slide off and all over the bloody place, but hey don't matter ''they look nice'' apparently ffs.

ClivetheVillan - 6/5/2014 22:33

Our cushions do me head in, silky cushions on leather settee's slide off and all over the bloody place, but hey don't matter ''they look nice'' apparently ffs.

Clive would you like me to teach you some etiquette and finesse, on this matter :19: