Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread

My match ratings:

Steer - n/a
Guilbert - 5
Mings - 6
Konsa - 5
Targett - 2
Nakamba - 5
Luiz - 3
Mcginn - 5
El Ghazi - 5
Trez - 6
Wesley - 5

subs
Nyland - 5
Taylor - 5
Lansbury - 4

Man of the match? Probably none of them, maybe Mings although as captain should have sorted us out better on that terrible defensive positioning for their free kick goal

Not as bad in the 2nd half but still not good enough. Newcastle is huge given that anything more than a point from the following 3 would be a big surprise. Hopefully we can then pick up the points we need from the following 5. We will be in the relegation fight so I hope there are 3 worse teams after 38 games.

I’m pretty sure the new owners don’t need this, but that is a wake up call for January if they do.

Bit of a difficult one to analyse because everything that could go wrong did. Hopefully our lads have now had their heads pulled out of their backsides regarding the physicality of the league, and we need to work on keeping possession better!

It is no good us raising our game and being plucky losers v the top teams, we have to fight and win/draw v these sorts.

We have had a few poor performances in my humble, Bournemouth we were pedestrian. v Palace poor. v ten men (and poor) West Ham we were poor.

Lack of belief? Lack of Prem experience? Lack of bottle (surely not?)

Jack is a loss, but if we are a one man team, bearing in mind his injury record, then ......

We shouldn't be blaming the loss of a (great) keeper and Engels on the way we played today, surely?

Agreed with giving Wesley time, but he's just not good enough is he?

at the moment, no. Wouldn't write off any player this quickly, but right now, I'd have Kodjia (if he can stay fit) on in his place, bring him in off the bench and also play him v Pool in the cup.

Our season will be defined by our results against the teams around us.
We need to win our games against the bottom halfers. Sorry to state the bleedin’ obvious.

Bit of a difficult one to analyse because everything that could go wrong did. Hopefully our lads have now had their heads pulled out of their backsides regarding the physicality of the league, and we need to work on keeping possession better!
Solid point Holte. My main gripe is Dean continuing to play with two wide men. John and Jack are both keen to play on the front foot so too often we have, effectively one holding midfielder. Playing any two of Trez, Anwar or Jota ain't going to work in this league where physical strength is paramount.

This is the sort of match that SJM has to start bossing a match. To call for the ball like Jack does. He should be the one getting the others going and I’m not sure he has it in him. What he tried to do in the last 15 minutes should have come 75 minutes earlier.
Wesley has to wake up and come back to get in the game if the game isn’t coming to him.
Souness said it all at half time, “I’d tell them to come out and get to the ball first for a change”. We were insipid.

I watched a film after the dingles scored their first.

Surprised we only lost 2-1, we must of improved slightly in the second half.

The most alarming thing about today was the lack of fight and pressing. It's non existent. It's going to be a long winter with fairies like nakamba, Louis, trezeguet, el Ghazi, Wesley around the team.
Considering wolves played Thursday night our fitness should also be questioned, the.
Also Dean Smith did their team talking saying he hoped Europe would catch up with them today, stupid and naive to say that at the presser

The most alarming thing about today was the lack of fight and pressing. It's non existent. It's going to be a long winter with fairies like nakamba, Louis, trezeguet, el Ghazi, Wesley around the team.
Considering wolves played Thursday night our fitness should also be questioned, the.
Also Dean Smith did their team talking saying he hoped Europe would catch up with them today, stupid and naive to say that a team the presser

The dingles did tire but we were too pathetic to take advantage.