Wizardry | Vital Football

Wizardry

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
We must be the only team in the EFL who has the magical ability to turn 3pts into 1 with alarming regularity.
The sides around us are giving us every chance to not only catch them but climb over them, even Stockport want to be in our company however I fear in 38 games the only constant will be the current bottom two, kismet :red:

Frustrated by tonight's result. Pools dominated for much of the first half, and had several opportunities on the break in the second half to extend the lead. However, we found it difficult to assert ourselves in the second half with Crewe targeting the space behind our wing backs.
It was obvious, to anyone who was there, that Tumilty (who had a good game) was running on empty about 10 minutes from time and needed to be subbed but Hartley failed to act until after Crewe had scored. The ball into the box for their equaliser coming from Tumiltys failure to get close enough to prevent the cross.

Finally, my overall view was that Pools performed well. We need to convert more of the chances / half chances created, and Hartley needs to recognise when opposition managers make tactical changes and respond accordingly !
We're still able to secure our EFL status but the tide must turn, soon.

…… The ball into the box for their equaliser coming from Tumiltys failure to get close enough to prevent the cross.

Finally, my overall view was that Pools performed well. We need to convert more of the chances / half chances created, and Hartley needs to recognise when opposition managers make tactical changes and respond accordingly !
We're still able to secure our EFL status but the tide must turn, soon.

This is not an emerging pattern, this has been happening all season full backs and midfield allowing balls into the box putting too much pressure for too long a time on the centre halfs.

There are the three most obvious things from the reports, from the terraces and views of fans
We’re allowing too many balls to get into the box, cut out that supply.
We’re not scoring enough goals, improve the supply or play 2 up front.
We’re [Hartley] wet behind the ears, lessons need to be learned this is a steep curve and the dugout need to see these things, that you as an onlooker recognised, and act.

Sit Hartley in the stand see one game from that perspective and let the other fella be on the sidelines maybe he will see what a lot of others seem to be picking up on.
:red:

That is now 17 games without a win in the league. Even if the manager goes this lot will not be enough to keep us up.

That is now 17 games without a win in the league. Even if the manager goes this lot will not be enough to keep us up.
Whilst I can't argue with the statistics, I do think that there are signs of improvement on the playing results. Hartley has had to build a complete new squad from scratch and it is obviously taking time for the players to mesh into a competitive team.

We just seem leaderless on and off the field and football being what it is time is the one thing managers do not have.
Poor attitudes all round, nobody seems interested or even cares. Killip is the only one showing any passion.
Think it was Ed Bailey who coined the phrase ‘footballers get managers the sack’, obviously there was an expletive at the front of that sentence when he said it.
Something has upset the apple cart and there are dummies all over the dressing room floor.
If we don’t beat Gillingham on Saturday something has to give. Raj has to step in and remove the bad apples
:red: