With the improvements SL has made... | Vital Football

With the improvements SL has made...

Skullduggery Pleasan

Vital Reserves Team
...to the players, do you reckon that we might find it easier to get loanees next season?

When you look back at some of the comments on individual players at the start of the season. And contrast them with what is being said now, it's pretty obvious that SL is extremely good at developing both "young" and "old" players.

I wonder whether there might be a few clubs now looking at us as a place to develop some of their rising and "stuttering" talent.

Just as long as we don't get another JET.

I don't think I've ever changed my opinion on a squad as drastically as i have this one. I genuinely thought it was the worst squad of players I'd seen at the start of the season. Now i think it's one of the better. Certainly in terms of grit and determination.

Lovell has truly performed a miracle.

So in answer to your question I hope other clubs will realise what a great man manager he is and let us develop some very talented players.

Trouble is, he improves them then, like Clare, the buggers take them back.
If SL can work his magic on our own youngsters and bring them through then at least we have the asset undr contract. I prefer as few loans as possible but understand it's all about the money.

I think part of the reason for our rise is that Lovell hasn't really used the loan market that much .The faith he has shown in the players throughout the side .Had a new man come in from outside almost certainly a lot of this team would have been replaced .That could have spured our improvement at the start of Lovells management. Loans are all very well but often fall short and often don't put in the shift that we know Lovell demands .Clare was a exception not the rule .I can see Lovell continuing to try to keep the lads passionate about playing for us .That is less likely with a loan player .

Definitely this Chris Who, I'm fed up of the constant cycle of sign players in the summer window, then realise they're shocking and bring in loans in during the winter window.

I can see Lovell backing the current side pretty much if we go into another campaign in league one .New contracts before new players sort of thing .Signs are there that Lovell wants to build on what he has .Getting 110 % out of the side can only be done if the players feel that the guy at the top is not about to stab them or a team mate in the back .By bringing in a better player to replace x or y .Given those he has got a fair chance and getting the best from everyone has to be our best route to success .Bradley Dack and the like are all very well .But nothing at our level works better than a solid but adaptable plan , hard graft and commitment .Lovell has shown more faith in these lads than any of us or any other manager is likely to have shown .

It is time those so called fans who still give one or two players in the current side /squad a hard time .Stopped and gave Lovell the respect he deserves not only by backing him but backing the players he puts on the pitch .That is the support Lovell has given the players 100% no well maybe if's .Lovell has backed every last one he has deamed good enough to put that shirt on .If we can all start doing the same these players may just do what seemed impossible just a few short months ago .

Just remember folks, Ogilvie and Reilly are loanees, the latter by SL if I recall. And didn't Ogilvie get his loan extended after being signed by AP? Though I reckon we might try and sign Reilly (at least) permanently.

Skullduggery Pleasan - 16/2/2018 18:47

Just remember folks, Ogilvie and Reilly are loanees, the latter by SL if I recall. And didn't Ogilvie get his loan extended after being signed by AP? Though I reckon we might try and sign Reilly (at least) permanently.
Agreed that Lovell may well try to sign the vast majority of those that we currently have at the club plus Clare.As long as they have shown him before the end of the season they are perpaired to do as he asks .Also of course they have to be in the frame to start games .Unless of course they are still in the development stage .