Wilson Departs | Vital Football

Wilson Departs

unlucky signing, circumstances were against him to a degree... great start at barnet. then injury... bostwick playing superbly at rcb. then we sign shackell.

i always thought he did well when he played.

Scored on his debut at Barnet. Never really kicked on from there, but was played out of position.

Odd we didn't try to get a fee but the savings of his wages will help.
Star of the future signs however. ...

Possibly he has something lined up but whomever he is going to has no transfer budget so couldn't afford a fee as such and the wages savings which at a guess with no real knowledge would be perhaps 40K, that saving would be better than him seeing out his contract for the year

Possibly he has something lined up but whomever he is going to has no transfer budget so couldn't afford a fee as such and the wages savings which at a guess with no real knowledge would be perhaps 40K, that saving would be better than him seeing out his contract for the year
Very true indeed, could well be on double that and his departure will have more freed up enough for the young lad.
Been very unlucky here, did well last season the odd time he played.

Thanks for the efforts. Probably good enough for League 1 but unfortunately he wasn't at a club that would accept 'good enough'.

Would like to see a CB who can play out at FB's come in

Not surprised, personally never been a big fan, made me feel nervous.

Would like to see a centre half with pace to compliment what we have.

Right I think Wilson was just damn unlucky.

Very impressive on his debut in what was in one of our top three worst performances of that season. Shortly after scoring our equaliser with basically his first touch as an Imp, I remember him taking a hospital pass at the back from some midfielder who should have known better, shrugging off his man... finding the same midfield offering him no options, and bringing it forward on his own and with pace rather than hoofing it - something I'd not seen from a Lincoln CB for quite a while (although Raggett was known for the odd foray forward). It looked like we had something there.

Injury smashed that momentum, then he couldn't get a game, then he got played out of position in a clearly knackered team - tactical necessity or no, that carried on through last season as he ended up playing in midfield at Port Vale (and scoring in the 6-2 victory).

Injury hit again before the Checkatrade games, crapping on guaranteed starts and another chance to break through. Arses. Then we signed Cian Hoofit Bolger... We could and should have seen far more of Wilson but best wishes to him, I can see him getting hoovered up by Grimsby and I'm a bit disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep can’t help thinking he was unlucky. Can see him being a mainstay for a side in L2, if I was Jolley I’d be all over it. Best wishes to him regardless, never complained publicly and made a valuable contribution in spots