Williamson Statement. | Vital Football

Williamson Statement.

keggy_keagal

Vital Football Hero
"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Newcastle United supporters and my fellow team-mates for getting sent off during yesterday's game.

"There was absolutely no intent to hurt [Leicester's] Jamie [Vardy] or get sent off, but I recognise I should have been more composed and measured in my determination to win the ball. Unfortunately, it did the one thing that I never wanted to do, and that was hurt the team.

"Moving forward, I will do whatever I can to help my team-mates prepare for the next two games and fight to get back into the team when I'm next available.

"I've had the honour to play for Newcastle United for five years now, and I can genuinely say that I feel privileged to play for this football club. I would never do anything intentionally to hurt the team or its supporters."

The lad has been hung out to dry by Carver. The atmosphere in the dressing room must be at an all time low ebb. I can't imagine the players responding to Carver now because he has criticised everybody and everything but himself. He's certainly learned a lot from Pardew.

Doesn't take a way the fact it was a stupid tackle. Totally agree the players do not want to play for Carver and we are heading towards relegation. A crazy appointment, from a stupid owner who does not have a clue how to run a football club. A gambler, who is either ill advised or really wants to put one over us for calling him names.
Cannot wait for the day we are run properly and have ambition. Not sure when that day will come but it will. Until then we have a great deal of pain to endure.

It smacks of him being forced to grovel. With hindsight this is not the first time Mike Dean has red carded Willo this season and I can't remember any apology then. In fact Dean has produced a red card 8 times this season and 4 of them have been to Newcastle players.

& williamson the 2nd division defender makes a statement & charva will respond monday morning,so fuckin what.The slug at the helm will let them blame each other,takes the shit off him.

Stupid 'error' by Williamson but absolutely ridiculous statements by Carver. I wonder at what point Charmless thinks "I really haven't got a clue, have I?"
The Carver meltdown was always coming, just happened much sooner than I thought.

I couldn't believe the Carver accusation. He's so blinkered he fails to see that a players performance and conduct is reflective of his ability as a manager.