Will we finish the season. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will we finish the season.

Now that would be something,indeed if we did get a new owner then it could happen!!

A big if. Though not an entirely daft prediction. If the league was suspended we’ve virtually no players so wage costs are no longer high and they would probably have to go through admin. I genuinely hope for other clubs sake they don’t get ones as bad as ours however.

A big if. Though not an entirely daft prediction. If the league was suspended we’ve virtually no players so wage costs are no longer high and they would probably have to go through admin. I genuinely hope for other clubs sake they don’t get ones as bad as ours however.
So the 40 players we have in our squad won't need paying then ???

So the 40 players we have in our squad won't need paying then ???

Majority of our squad are kids, they aren’t highly paid. Several are on short term contracts that will expire and won’t be renewed. Garner, Naismith, Pearce, Jones, Evans are our only full time pro’s so the wage bill won’t be high. In fact I suspect the efl payments will cover all salaries.

All hypothetical anyway as I don’t see us being bought.

"On Sunday 13 September, social media was inundated with news that the French-Americans had made a final bid of £2 million. Despite being in constant communication with the French-Americans, no such bid was received that day. What it did do however was panic some of the very interested buyers and we spent most of Sunday afternoon on the phone with them. As a result of all the adverse publicity this generated, we can advise that one of the principal bidders backed out Monday morning and they were due that day to deposit £4 million with their lawyers on the basis of anonymity at this stage. They said that the publicity had put them off and their bid was withdrawn. It also led to other parties (who were not in the front running for bids) to make similar offers, one of which was as low as £1.5 million for all of the assets. "

The above is from the administrators' statement on the official Latics website. I've no idea who wrote the incoherent drivel, but if the same person is conducting any of the sales negotiations, then we're well and truly f****d! I think he's trying to blame the fans speculating about their club's future for the lack of a sale! Mmmmm!

Given theres talk of 6 months with no crowds meaning fans may return for 4 weeks i can't see how the majority of EFL clubs will survive. May well be a matter of who blinks first. Transfer fees will fall through the floor or clubs will have to let players go as they won't be able to afford to pay. The Championship must be completely fucked as almost every club runs at a massive deficit. Banks may be wary of lending money to clubs so eventually a link in the chain will break. Just a matter of when. Still can't understand how it's suggested we weren't affected by this pandemic in the beginning? Without covid it's 100% certain we would be in the Championship as we speak. Still. With another loss losing season would it have brought us to the point of no return.

Still can't understand how it's suggested we weren't affected by this pandemic in the beginning? Without covid it's 100% certain we would be in the Championship as we speak.

I think that had Au Yeung's purchase happened in December then there's a good chance that Latics would have won a force majeure appeal regardless of what the guy's true intentions were.
The fact that he became the minority shareholder in the middle of the lockdown & then full owner on 24th June (a day after initially enquiring about liquidation) & his other actions around that time completely blew that pish poor argument out of the water as ultimately he could have pulled out of the deal

I think that had Au Yeung's purchase happened in December then there's a good chance that Latics would have won a force majeure appeal regardless of what the guy's true intentions were.
The fact that he became the minority shareholder in the middle of the lockdown & then full owner on 24th June (a day after initially enquiring about liquidation) & his other actions around that time completely blew that pish poor argument out of the water as ultimately he could have pulled out of the deal

If you believe any such deal existed and any money actually changed hands!

Telegraph reporting tonight that the PL, for a yet to be determined price, will supposedly bail out the efl to the tune of around 250 million, based on lost gate receipts which needs to be evidenced. But also says they won’t help those already in the shit before the pandemic struck through bad ownership or other self inflicted issues. I can imagine that creating a shit storm if the efl puck and choose who gets a bail out, but I guess we’re fucked regardless and won’t see any of that.

The club really is going to the wall, I just can’t see any way out. If only we’d had someone willing to meet the asking price and wanting to move to exclusivity we could have been on the verge of being saved by now.

till can't understand how it's suggested we weren't affected by this pandemic in the beginning? Without covid it's 100% certain we would be in the Championship as we speak. Still. With another loss losing season would it have brought us to the point of no return.

I think losing 800000 pound a month had a significant impact, and covid very much an excuse

Doubt there will be a Wigan Athletic by Xmas to be honest. One cock up after another from all parties involved owners, EFL, Admin have probably sealed our fate. I've said it before during all this turmoil where has the FA and the PFA been? . The PFA paid players part of their wages at Bolton and Bury yet have been totally invisible in our case. There were questions as to why we went into administration yet the governing body FA have not shown any interest in one of their members being slaughtered. With the luck we have had since July the Covid rescue package will be introduced the day after we are liquidated. It appears that the help we desperately need will not be forthcoming. I just do not trust this lot to be able to sell us.

Doubt there will be a Wigan Athletic by Xmas to be honest. One cock up after another from all parties involved owners, EFL, Admin have probably sealed our fate. I've said it before during all this turmoil where has the FA and the PFA been? . The PFA paid players part of their wages at Bolton and Bury yet have been totally invisible in our case. There were questions as to why we went into administration yet the governing body FA have not shown any interest in one of their members being slaughtered. With the luck we have had since July the Covid rescue package will be introduced the day after we are liquidated. It appears that the help we desperately need will not be forthcoming. I just do not trust this lot to be able to sell us.
Totally agree with PFA - why didn't the Admin go to them? The most obvious reason to squeeze every penny out of the club.

With Gerald confirming last night we won’t make it till Christmas and that no buyer is close I wonder when the efl will act?

Didn't he assure the EFL a deal was close enough that we could start the season?

Bet they are thinking WTAF to hear his say that now...