Will the real Liz Truss please stand up | Page 3 | Vital Football

Will the real Liz Truss please stand up

The woman is a disgrace. I see she has dodged attending the commons this afternoon and is instead sending Mordaunt along to answer questions on her behalf. Now clearly Mordaunt is more capable but that isn’t the point. She is trying to avoid accountability and is demonstrating zero leadership. I can only hope it’s because she is preparing her resignation statement to be delivered later this evening.

If I were a Tory MP who'd voted for Truss ahead of Mordaunt (I suppose the Tory party members had no choice on that matter) I'd be ashamed of myself.

Starmer's "the lady's not for turning UP" comment was excellent, as was his "15 minutes as PM" comment, but I have to be honest, Mordaunt's response re Starmer never getting HIS 15 mins is one that would have been WAAAY beyond Truss.

If I were a Tory MP who'd voted for Truss ahead of Mordaunt (I suppose the Tory party members had no choice on that matter) I'd be ashamed of myself.

Starmer's "the lady's not for turning UP" comment was excellent, as was his "15 minutes as PM" comment, but I have to be honest, Mordaunt's response re Starmer never getting HIS 15 mins is one that would have been WAAAY beyond Truss.

Mordaunt has done an excellent job there in the circumstances. Far more effective than Truss, much more assured and confident. As I said back in the summer she’d have been far more effective. Regardless, for Truss to then saunter in grinning like a Cheshire Cat as if this is some sort of game is absolutely fucking disgraceful. How she thinks avoiding scrutiny like this is acceptable I really have no idea or how she thinks this behaviour is leadership or setting an example is beyond belief.

Mordaunt possibly is OK, but she has some dodgy mates:
That 'millionaire' chap who co-authored her book of economic illiteracy
Some big money 'businessmen' in the USA

What an absolute effing shitshow. First the Chancellor, now the Home Sec. It's beyond embarrassing.

The thing is, both individuals were chosen by the PM. What on earth does it say about her assessment abilities and her judgement?

Utterly awful.

Death by a thousand cuts. Apparently resigned before being sacked - at the request of Hunt! She refers to a mistake on sending a non sensitive document on a personal phone. Given some of the stuff that happens a reminder of standards would perhaps have sufficed. Regardless also cites concerns about the government’s direction of travel. Reading between lines she’s had a bust up with Hunt.

This aside it’s another nail in Truss’ coffin which is already tightly sealed. Brady has apparently already reached the 15% threshold normally needed for a no confidence vote in her. As rules state it can’t happen yet he’s increased it to 33% and then will tell her to fuck off. Suggestion is they’ll let her own next weeks budget before doing so, though whether tonight’s developments change things who knows. Bit of fight at pmq’s but still weak as piss. Personally I think given the security situation in Ukraine it shouldn’t be delayed and needs to be gone asap with successor in place within a day or two if they can agree on a candidate.

I think Pie has worked it out ... the real Liz Truss can't stand up, cos she keeps slipping in ......(have a guess) ...

They have absolutely no shame. Truss supporters turning on her shows they have absolutely no honour whatsoever. No admission that THEY were wrong ... just sticking the knife in and then carrying on with telling us about their disproven solutions to get us out of the shitshow they created.

Arses.

20221102_092515.jpg