Will £8m Talent Soon Be Thrust Into The Limelight at S | Vital Football

Will £8m Talent Soon Be Thrust Into The Limelight at S

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Spending £8m on an unknown Argentine defender in the summer came as a bit of a surprise, but I was assured when Pochettino came out to laud Juan Foyth`s "massive potential" at the time.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524587">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Again. Poch has been careful with him, bringing him on slowly as he gets acclimatised to the pitches, the pace and the physicality of the PL.

It looks like an awful lot of forward thinking was put into his purchase - but as others have mentioned, I wish he was a bit stronger and perhaps taller, I can't help feel that he'd make a better DM'er than a CB - but as always, I guess only time will tell.

Agree, Foyth looks like a Dm in the making. Interesting that he started out as an attacking midfielder.

Palmover - 21/3/2018 09:32

Agree, Foyth looks like a Dm in the making. Interesting that he started out as an attacking midfielder.

I did wonder if Poch's belief that he'd be a great CB was predicated on him seeing the similiarities between himself and Foyth - in terms of their physicality and playing style - just hope it fits with the way we play, as I can't help feel he makes us (presently) look vunerable at set pieces.

But, I guess we have to simply believe that Poch is closer to his development and can see more of what we aren't for now..

Meanwhile ,,,,,,back to juan Foyth. His ball control and build do lend him to midfield duties . It will be good to have two versatile players , Foyth and Dier in the line up eventually . Or is Dier destined to fill his pockets at manure

Wrong thread, Ex.

Foyth seems decent enough, especially for his age. He's a bit lightweight and that shows when he's turned and chasing back with a striker, because he gets muscled off his line. It's also an issue in the standard aerial challenges.

That sort of thing will all come with time and physical maturity, though. He has all the fundamentals and then some.