Will keane | Vital Football

Will keane

By no means a prolific player, and injury prone to boot. But, beggars cant be choosers, I wish him all the best for us and hope he can stay fit and offer something to the team. Garners the first choice starter anyway, so Keane will most likely be cover or a last 10-15min sub for Garner to keep him fresh. Fingers crossed it works out!

By no means a prolific player, and injury prone to boot. But, beggars cant be choosers, I wish him all the best for us and hope he can stay fit and offer something to the team. Garners the first choice starter anyway, so Keane will most likely be cover or a last 10-15min sub for Garner to keep him fresh. Fingers crossed it works out!
Agreed, plus an alternative for the games between now and January that we'll lose Garner to suspension. I really like Garners aggression and his combative nature, problem is a lot of refs don't.

Seems a decent signing this as we needed another striker in the squad.

He has technical ability,is capable in the air and at holding the ball up, bringing others into play.His problems are injuries have disrupted his career,but he played the majority of games last season at Ipswich.Hopefully we can create chances for him and his goalscoring record improves as a result.

All we can do,as with any new signing is get behind them and give them a fair chance to show us what they can do.

Fewer goals in the last ten seasons than Michael, who is a centre-half.

If selected he'll most likely be up against Donervan Daniel's - how he does against a poor defender will be interesting 😉

Agreed, plus an alternative for the games between now and January that we'll lose Garner to suspension. I really like Garners aggression and his combative nature, problem is a lot of refs don't.
Absolutely. And if he hasn't done enough to get an extra extension by Jan, we can let him go and call back Callum Lang from his loan (I think we can anyway, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong). So a pretty low risk signing in all really.

Plus, lets be honest, if Keane is injured at the same time as Garners suspended (very real possibility), I've no doubt Naismith could fill in a do a job up top if need be! So its unlikely we'll need to be completely dependent on Keane anyways

Absolutely. And if he hasn't done enough to get an extra extension by Jan, we can let him go and call back Callum Lang from his loan (I think we can anyway, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong). So a pretty low risk signing in all really.

Plus, lets be honest, if Keane is injured at the same time as Garners suspended (very real possibility), I've no doubt Naismith could fill in a do a job up top if need be! So its unlikely we'll need to be completely dependent on Keane anyways

Its a shame we haven't got eleven Kal Naismiths in the squad as he really is Mr Versatility.

Former Manchester United striker Will Keane has revealed he could be without a club in around a fortnight's time, due to the "unusual" circumstances at Wigan Athletic.

But Keane has told MEN Sport he is unsure about his future, having received no assurances that Wigan will extend their deal as they negotiate a takeover of the club.

“I signed a short-term deal until January and I’ve only got a couple of weeks left on my deal," said Keane.

Former Manchester United striker Will Keane has revealed he could be without a club in around a fortnight's time, due to the "unusual" circumstances at Wigan Athletic.

But Keane has told MEN Sport he is unsure about his future, having received no assurances that Wigan will extend their deal as they negotiate a takeover of the club.

“I signed a short-term deal until January and I’ve only got a couple of weeks left on my deal," said Keane.
shop window from agent

Exactly what I thought DatM, and who can blame them !

If all those on short term contracts go n agents putting their players in the shop window Arthur, it won't be long before the coach comes knocking on our forum looking for potential players from us lot 😉

If all those on short term contracts go n agents putting their players in the shop window Arthur, it won't be long before the coach comes knocking on our forum looking for potential players from us lot 😉

I wish Jock, I'd love to pull my boots on one last time just to play for this club.
Having been an IT contractor for a decade I can tell you it's a shiity and stressful time when you are coming to the end of a contract and you have nothing sorted, I had no qualms whatsoever about touting myself around potential clients with about a month to go, whilst at the same time maintaining an open and honest dialogue with whoever I was currently engaged with.

I mentioned it before that unless this deal is rubber stamped quickly those on short term deals and loans will be looking elsewhere and you cannot blame the players for wanting to secure their futures.

I mentioned it before that unless this deal is rubber stamped quickly those on short term deals and loans will be looking elsewhere and you cannot blame the players for wanting to secure their futures.

Shame really because this takeover should of been dealt with weeks ago and these short term deals atleast offered real deals. The fact the EFL have taken so long to finalise the deal has well and truly screwed us and that is down on them with there sheer lack of urgency.

The covid outbreak has actually become a blessing in disguise, as long as the players keep up their strength and get better soon.

And if Cook is off to Wednesday then Leam will jump, and I don't blame him.

Shame really because this takeover should of been dealt with weeks ago and these short term deals atleast offered real deals. The fact the EFL have taken so long to finalise the deal has well and truly screwed us and that is down on them with there sheer lack of urgency.

The covid outbreak has actually become a blessing in disguise, as long as the players keep up their strength and get better soon.

And if Cook is off to Wednesday then Leam will jump, and I don't blame him.

I'm no fan of the EFL but i don't think we can blame them this time, we needed proper scrutiny after last time and if they hadn't we'd have someone else who shouldn't have passed the fit and proper test running the club.

The Spanish have changed the funding and personnel multiple times according to Nixon even before the forced change of Cristo's crew according to Nixon. By putting forward someone who failed the fit and proper persons test probably added a month longer than needed and the EFL have apparently been waiting on the Spanish lawyers to cross the i's and dont the t's since something like the 20th Dec according to Admin.

If the Spanish on day 1 put the bid they have now in front of the EFL chances are the deal would've been done weeks or maybe even months ago.

The only thing i would say is the EFL tried to give the Spanish every chance possible to get Jose Cristo through the test before they failed him. Nixon said there was questions over him from the start so the fact he failed the test was not really a surprise.

If we are looking for someone to blame for the takeover dragging on after the bid was accepted the Spanish are probably the ones you would have to look at.