Will it be Barrow or Woking for the drop? | Vital Football

Will it be Barrow or Woking for the drop?

Woking for the drop and Barrow to remain in the NL. But AP and his management team are surely "on their bike" come the end of the season.

Has to be Woking for the drop. They're playing Dover who need to win to get in the play offs. Barrow at home to already relegated Chester.

Barrow were already flagging before AP was hired so I don't think it's particularly fair to say it would be entirely his fault if they get relegated.

The guy has experience in coaching, he just needs experience in management, and the Conference/North/South may be his level.

Barrow were already flagging before AP was hired so I don't think it's particularly fair to say it would be entirely his fault if they get relegated.

The guy has experience in coaching, he just needs experience in management, and the Conference/North/South may be his level.

GRM, Barrow is backed by a wealthy American and expectations have been far from met this season. Admittedly, location has (always) been an issue in so far as attracting players is concerned which is why they apparently have a sizeable playing budget and do a lot of their training at a site in Manchester. Barrow finished last season in 7th place in the NL; this season has been a failure. Barrow fans seem fed with AP and his management team, I doubt they will remain.

Barrer and Workington are just the sorts of towns that ought to have league football clubs. Morecambe is just the sort of town that shouldn't, yet here we are.

Barrer and Workington are just the sorts of towns that ought to have league football clubs. Morecambe is just the sort of town that shouldn't, yet here we are.

You`ll be aware, no doubt, that they were both previously FL clubs; I had both card tabs for the league table souvenir from Shoot magazine (who remembers that) ! Not quite sure what you`re getting at there jokerman ? There are quite a few clubs up this way that, despite being out on a geographical limb and having small town populations, have managed to propel their clubs into the FL. In some cases it`s down to a sugar daddy (which is how many see Barrow btw) but in other cases, Accrington & Morcambe, for example, it`s been down to other factors - possibly, even, including a good manager and a very hard working team. I`d still like to see Barrow in the FL, yep, and Workington - but I doubt, in the case of the latter, it will ever happen.

Lancs, I have an indefensible but nevertheless, firmly held prejudice about who are and who are not proper football league towns. Workington and Barrow belong. Morecambe and Lancaster City do not. It all started going downhill when they let Cambridge United in for Bradford Park Avenue.

WK, Morecambe is no more Lancaster with a brief encounter with Carnforth than Rochester is effectively Gillingham with a brief encounter with Rainham....the very idea.

I assume your brief encounters reference is a nod to Carnforth station's role in Trevor Howard's and Celia Johnson's wonderful film.

Who would we cast for the re-make on Rainham Station?

Lancs, I have an indefensible but nevertheless, firmly held prejudice about who are and who are not proper football league towns. Workington and Barrow belong. Morecambe and Lancaster City do not. It all started going downhill when they let Cambridge United in for Bradford Park Avenue.

OK, I (sort of, anyway) get it now. What about Salford City? That club is now only one step away from the FL and many feel they will be stepping up sooner rather than later. Might be a proper rugby town, but Messrs Nicholas Butt, Ryan Giggs, Peter Lim, Gary Neville, Philip Neville & Paul Scholes are doing their best to change the shape of the prefered ball in Salford. I shall probably watch them at AFC Fylde next season.... even though pots and kettles may be a theme at that game....

I wish AP well. A legend for us as a player.
Never forget that Barrow beat us 7-0 once.

And as for arrogant shits who say this or that team doesn't belong in the League. The whole basis of pro and semi pro football here is based on the pyramid and winning promotion. There is no divine right for any team to be in the League or the Premier for that matter (Sunderland anyone?).

Pennock has taken 35 points from 28 games at Barrow. When he took over they had 14 points from 17 games and were in the relegation zone, so if he keeps them up he will have done his job for this season at least.

I wish AP well. A legend for us as a player.
Never forget that Barrow beat us 7-0 once.

And as for arrogant shits who say this or that team doesn't belong in the League. The whole basis of pro and semi pro football here is based on the pyramid and winning promotion. There is no divine right for any team to be in the League or the Premier for that matter (Sunderland anyone?).
Quite right

WK, Morecambe is no more Lancaster with a brief encounter with Carnforth than Rochester is effectively Gillingham with a brief encounter with Rainham....the very idea.

I assume your brief encounters reference is a nod to Carnforth station's role in Trevor Howard's and Celia Johnson's wonderful film.

Who would we cast for the re-make on Rainham Station?
The Krankies?