Wilders task. | Vital Football

Wilders task.

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
He's publicly stated no marquee signings and shopping bargain basement (Prem style) and freebies.
Cover keeper signed and Swift likely which leaves...

A Prem quality keeper. Anything less would be suicidal.
At least 1 quality, pacy striker with a dozen goals in him. 2 if/when Moose gets sacked off. Billy will be bit part.
A midfield enforcer. We are non existent there. Get Besic signed permanently.
We have to face the possibility the big dogs will come maybe for Egan and/or O'Connell. IF we can get TOP dollar for either/both? which means 40m plus each then ok as long as that money is available for strengthening.
Lundstram may leave if he is holding out on a contract. 10m.
Fleck is likely to be a target and again, if and only if the price is right. Don't expect all the above to go but possibly 2.
Callum Robinson? Keep or sell. He isn't a striker but clearly talented, maybe take 5m and move on.
Norwood? If Berge is to play in his proper position he has to go.
Moore. No-one interested even after 2 + years bench warming. free transfer to get rid.
Robinson,Rodwell? Cover at best.
Osborn. Little gem.

This season has been a triumph destroyed in part by the pandemic. I believe we would have carried on racking up points had the season not been suspended and been comfortable top 6. That said it is still an incredible achievement by all concerned.
I am concerned for next year as without significant upgrades in a number of areas I think we will be worked out by a lot of teams and come up short.
Wilder is happy at the club and ambitious to take us to the next level,(his words). Just hope he is given the tools to do that.

I also think we'd have got in Europe if there was no interruption. But I also feel we'll finish around where we should. And that had we been in Europe, an already challenging next season would've been even harder.

I wouldn't read anything into what Wilder says about the budget. He always lies. We always have little to spend apparently.

I expect we'll have an adequate budget, but like most clubs' it will be reduced.

A net spend of around £30m is reasonable to expect.

I'm sure we won't lose any key players, but if someone wants to pay silly money for Egan it should be considered.

Robinson and Freeman can fetch in over £10m combined.
Lunny can go for £6m or so - let him see how much of a superstar he really is somewhere like Burnley.
Mousset can go on loan to Ligue 1 and increase his value.

As for incomings...

GK - Hendo ideally but don't think it will be.
CM - we need a 3rd convincing player in there, likely at RCM. This is what can establish us in the PL.
AM - someone for the 10 role who can also cover RCM. Swift looks likely.
CF - upgrade on McBurnie. Needs to be a regular starter.
FWD - one with pace to replace Mousset.

And then one who can cover RWB and RCB.

Wilder has said one or two will go and generate funds so he can bring better players in.

Got me guessing that has,surely he means Freeman and C Robbo (£12m),or does he mean Fleck and O'Connell (£40m).

:shrug:

We could generate funds from the below obvioulsy values are an educated guess

Luke Freeman £8 million
Lundstrum £8 million
Callum Robinson £8 million
Norwood £10 million
Moussett £10 million

As we have had a good season we should get these values but leave it any longer and no chance. That is £44 million.

Lets say the Prince finances the Turkish keeper at £20 million

That leaves £44 million to get

A better version of Stevens (Baldock played well last night but we had nothing going doen the left)
A pacey goal scoring striker
A midfielder who can run at defenders and has the technical ability to go round a man and create something
It looks like we are signing swift so that would be our other midfield signing
Ideally i would also like a second striker signing as McGoldrick and Sharp are not premiership quality

Absolutely no chance we will get all that on the figures mentioned above. Over to you Prince.

We could generate funds from the below obvioulsy values are an educated guess

Luke Freeman £8 million
Lundstrum £8 million
Callum Robinson £8 million
Norwood £10 million
Moussett £10 million

As we have had a good season we should get these values but leave it any longer and no chance. That is £44 million.

Lets say the Prince finances the Turkish keeper at £20 million

That leaves £44 million to get

A better version of Stevens (Baldock played well last night but we had nothing going doen the left)
A pacey goal scoring striker
A midfielder who can run at defenders and has the technical ability to go round a man and create something
It looks like we are signing swift so that would be our other midfield signing
Ideally i would also like a second striker signing as McGoldrick and Sharp are not premiership quality

Absolutely no chance we will get all that on the figures mentioned above. Over to you Prince.
Post covid-19 those estimates may be halved. Does the Prince have money to invest or will he use the Sky money? Remember we have a big 'mortgage' now
like we did in 2013.

Post covid-19 those estimates may be halved. Does the Prince have money to invest or will he use the Sky money? Remember we have a big 'mortgage' now
like we did in 2013.

Yes but all you do is not pay your bills,invent sponsors,take a 100m loan out with the Co-op bank which you flagrantly don't repay and the worlds your mollusc. Simples. There's a precedent. Forget where for the mo.

like we did in 2013.
I think we have to hope that he brings some investment in because you cannot continue to be successful in the Premiership on a shoe string. One thing we need as an absolute minimum next season are more goals. It puts huge pressure on our defence to be amazing every game as we have very little threat upfront.

I think we have to hope that he brings some investment in because you cannot continue to be successful in the Premiership on a shoe string. One thing we need as an absolute minimum next season are more goals. It puts huge pressure on our defence to be amazing every game as we have very little threat upfront.

I think it would be naive in the extreme to think we won't be "worked out" to a large extent next season. If teams go like for like and press we have no plan B. I don't consider hoofing it as a plan anything per se. Consequently we can't expect to concede anything like as few goals,especially with no Hendo? Therefore, we need to radically up our goals scored return and to do that will require a minimum of 2 quality,pacy,aggressive forwards.
I've championed Callum Wilson for yonks and he will leave the Cherries, No idea where Ziggy Stardust sits with Wilder and if he will leave when his loan is up. Odd if so as he's never had a chance to show if he could be "the man". Looks like Moose may be toast which leaves a slow finisher in Bill and Didzy along with McB. Thats maybe 10 goals between them if your lucky. Thats the size of the task facing Wilder.

I think it would be naive in the extreme to think we won't be "worked out" to a large extent next season. If teams go like for like and press we have no plan B. I don't consider hoofing it as a plan anything per se. Consequently we can't expect to concede anything like as few goals,especially with no Hendo? Therefore, we need to radically up our goals scored return and to do that will require a minimum of 2 quality,pacy,aggressive forwards.
I've championed Callum Wilson for yonks and he will leave the Cherries, No idea where Ziggy Stardust sits with Wilder and if he will leave when his loan is up. Odd if so as he's never had a chance to show if he could be "the man". Looks like Moose may be toast which leaves a slow finisher in Bill and Didzy along with McB. Thats maybe 10 goals between them if your lucky. Thats the size of the task facing Wilder.
Exactly my thoughts and no time for sentiment now. Some of the core L1 and Championship team are going to have to go to generate money.

Well I can see hendo staying for one more hurrah out of the centre backs I think only O’Connell would be of interest to other clubs egan has had a few problems this season he has struggled against pace and the ball over the top and dcl gave him a few problems yesterday,I think he will keep bash as he’s a wilder type,don’t spend any time looking at other teams players so can’t make any suggestions but we deffo need some pace up top I think mousse is done not sure zivko is the answer or Robinson not sure what to think about luke freeman I’ve always liked him as a player and still not sure why Chris doesn’t as always time will tell and it will be interesting as always

Ollie Watkins especially if Brentford don't get promoted is one striker/forward i like,I think Callum Robinson will be moved on if it's possible to do so.I'm positive DE MOOSE will go,given Chris's NO COMMENT to Giddins when interviewed after the Everton game.I see Nathan Ake is being linked with Man City,i'm very surprised if that's true,altho i think he's decent i don't think he's in the class that City need.UTMPB

Ollie Watkins especially if Brentford don't get promoted is one striker/forward i like,I think Callum Robinson will be moved on if it's possible to do so.I'm positive DE MOOSE will go,given Chris's NO COMMENT to Giddins when interviewed after the Everton game.I see Nathan Ake is being linked with Man City,i'm very surprised if that's true,altho i think he's decent i don't think he's in the class that City need.UTMPB
He’s better than stones but then again who isn’t 🤷‍♂️
if brentford dont go up watkins will be out of our price bracket I reckon,too many teams will be interested

He’s better than stones but then again who isn’t 🤷‍♂️
if brentford dont go up watkins will be out of our price bracket I reckon,too many teams will be interested

We wont have a prayer of affording Watkins or Ake. Actually I don.t rate Ake. So I hope we don't bother.

Wilder is fine giving "clumpers" a go but holds off on "footballers". Osborn has had shed loads of game time stepping in whereas L. Freeman has had f**k all. Just sayin. K Freeman has had at least as much time and he ain't prem.

Wilder is fine giving "clumpers" a go but holds off on "footballers". Osborn has had shed loads of game time stepping in whereas L. Freeman has had f**k all. Just sayin. K Freeman has had at least as much time and he ain't prem.
I think freeman had a fall out with Wilder earlier in the season. He has been sidelined every since. No point keeping him or Robinson we would be better trying to get Joe Lolley or Eze.

I think freeman had a fall out with Wilder earlier in the season. He has been sidelined every since. No point keeping him or Robinson we would be better trying to get Joe Lolley or Eze.
I don't think Joe Lolley is Premier League standard but wasn't we interested in him awhile ago? If we can't afford Ollie Watkins then perhaps we'll have to look abroad and was it Emmanuel Dennis we were linked with earlier in the season? UTMPB

I'm not bothered about Watkins myself.

Goalscoring aside I'm not sure he has enough about his game. For what he'd cost the goalscoring alone isn't a good enough reason to sign him - he's done it in the Championship in the most creative team in the league.

Something awful was bound to happen, WW3, Zombie Apocalypse, Worldwude crop failure, Hostile Alien Invasion, Pandemic, Terrorists managing to detonate 50 nukes in Britain even though they haven't got 50 nukes.

But something was bound to happen we just knew it would.

And the club making noises about lack of money and no marque signings leaves me worried because in 5 of the 9 games since the restart we've looked like a third division team who's been allowed to compete in the Premier League for a couple of months for a bit of a laugh

Something awful was bound to happen, WW3, Zombie Apocalypse, Worldwude crop failure, Hostile Alien Invasion, Pandemic, Terrorists managing to detonate 50 nukes in Britain even though they haven't got 50 nukes.

But something was bound to happen we just knew it would.

And the club making noises about lack of money and no marque signings leaves me worried because in 5 of the 9 games since the restart we've looked like a third division team who's been allowed to compete in the Premier League for a couple of months for a bit of a laugh

Doubt the clubs owner would risk our Prem status by starving Wilder of the funds needed to realistically stay up next season. That would make no sense as there's no certainty we'd come back up straight away or for God knows how long.
A combination of appropriate sales, getting rid of those not realistically needed and reasonable backing should enable Wilder to strengthen where needed. it really is about 3 or 4 quality signings, (2 strikers if we lose Moose as what we would have left would see us as the leagues lowest scorers and as already said we can't expect to be as tight at the back again). Having basically completed our first season up even falling short of this years fantastic effort should have us above about half a dozen next time round.