Wilder Words | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wilder Words

There is another point that I haven’t seen mentioned yet but it bothers me.

When McCabe had to sell the property back I understand it was the Club (not The Prince) who were buying it.

We seem to have taken out a large amount of finance to do so which now needs to be repaid over whatever period was agreed. Funds were released for Ramsdale and Brewster and to a lesser extent Bogle and Lowe but I think the borrowing for the property explains why after a year in the Premiership we couldn’t splash the cash like say, Villa did.

At the fans forum at the start of the season The Prince was asked if the finance and subsequent repayments would be a problem. I seem to recall he said this might only be the case if we were relegated. I think he may then need to step in with some funding , I assume as guarantor. Can anyone recall this and how much of a problem might it be?

Recall it well SJH which is why I alluded to CW compounding the problem by not just getting us relegated but also making us much less attractive to investors.

I reckon that's why our not inconsiderable investment ( for us) has been low compared to others and that, to see real progress with meaningful funds, we needed to stabilise to attract sunstantial investors.

The prince has an unexpected problem to deal with on the finance side and a popular 'man of the Blades' person at the helm and his faith in the latter must be eroding due to CW's own actions.

IF he sticks with CW, which looks likely, then he's then reliant on CW for his own credibility.

If CW doesn't resurrect us he's got a lose lose scenario to deal with and a mortgaage to pay.

It can, and is, all turning to sand from what looked like solid foundations.

Looks like fine margins again though TT. We have stopped playing with overlapping CB's since Jack jas gone. Spoilt by his ability and it's obvious that
Bash is needed at the back. Is that is fault? Perhaps we shpould go back to the old
442?

If CW asked for the money to replace Jack then does it look to you like he has been
granted his wish? I suppose we all need to wait and see.
If I was the one being asked to poppy up then I'd need to have more faith in CW's track record to throw more money in his direction.

It's not as though we were flying along at the end of last season when he gave CW money to strengthen this transfer window so CW should have been better aware of the priorities and done more to cover for them.

If only we could get back the 40 FUCKING MILLION we chucked away on Ramsdale and Brewster.

How much better that money could have been used.

You know what, I hope it's a massive lesson for next time we reach the PL. Players are not worth spending such money on for us. Especially when we're intending to build a new training ground and expand the stadium. Easy priorities.

To think what we could do with that money instead of signing these insignificant players.......... almost makes me feel sick.

I think it's a given you have to spend money to progress or stay in the Premiership, I guess the trick is to spend the money wisely. If the Prince has any nous he will already be addressing that. I'm fairly sure expanding the stadium or the training ground would be a low priority at the moment, or it should be.

All I know is we are bottom and now have a large mortgage so what will/has happened to the Sky money?
Have I got this right you’re asking where the sky money has gone .... seriously

weve spent over 100 million on transfer fees alone whilst in this division over 80 million this year alone andupped our wage bill (all be it not no where near enough) and you wonder where the money has gone :slap:

Last edited:
Whip round to pay his bus fare to Burnley tomorrow for 5 minutes?

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson said it took an "apoplectic" half-time team talk from assistant boss Ray Lewington to spark them into life in Monday's draw with Leicester.
Coming after a 7-0 thrashing by Liverpool and a 3-0 loss to 10-man Aston Villa, Palace were second best throughout the first 45 minutes and only got to half-time goalless after Vicente Guaita saved Kelechi Iheanachi's 19th-minute penalty.
"We were dumbfounded that we were as passive as we were," Hodgson told Match of the Day.
"We were not at all happy with our first half. They were more aggressive than us and we were being pressured into mistakes."
The hosts were much more combative after half-time, however, and took the lead when Wilfried Zaha finished superbly from Andros Townsend's cross, only for Harvey Barnes' second goal in as many games to rescue a point for the Foxes.
"It almost cost [Lewington] a heart attack to produce that energy," Hodgson said in a separate interview with Amazon Prime. "That is what Crystal Palace want to be and we pressurised the ball so much better.
"We looked dangerous going forward but unfortunately we did not get the full three points because Barnes scored with a wonderful strike."
Leicester, who made seven alterations to the team that drew with Manchester United on Saturday, registered 17 attempts but failed to test Guaita from open play until Barnes' late goal.
The visitors' only other effort on target was from Ayoze Perez, whose first-half free-kick was easily held by the Spanish goalkeeper.
The point lifts the visitors up to second in the Premier League table, while Palace move eight points clear of the bottom three.

Covid and project fear has kicked us in the b0110x.
For me additional investment/new partner or owner was perhaps the way forward for the Prince, the only way I can see us doing a ‘Great Escape’ is if football in cancelled.

Have I got this right you’re asking where the sky money has gone .... seriously

weve spent over 100 million on transfer fees alone whilst in this division over 80 million this year alone andupped our wage bill (all be it not no where near enough) and you wonder where the money has gone :slap:
No we haven't, we won't have to pay the add on clauses for any of them this season. Probably half the money paid.

No we haven't, we won't have to pay the add on clauses for any of them this season. Probably half the money paid.
No way half the money is add ons plus more of the money will have had to be used to run the club due to the arse falling out of all other revenues
how much do you think is missing then

No way half the money is add ons plus more of the money will have had to be used to run the club due to the arse falling out of all other revenues
how much do you think is missing then
That's the rub, no body knows what we pay for a player and what the contract is
(and if the deal quoted in the paper is all the add ons AND the wages for the length of the ocntract). I beleive the figues we read are inflated by the media.