Wilder on Lys Mousset | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wilder on Lys Mousset

Whether this is the truth or not, I think he needs to go back to France permanently, and that's what I think will happen. And good luck to him.

The issue there is that there are only a handful of French clubs who make net spends on transfers, and none of those clubs would want Mousset. Presuming he wants to stay near Brittany there are clubs like Nantes and Brest who'd take him on loan, but that doesn't do us much good short term.

He'd be better off in Turkey, the country of the low workrate striker, the Turks have money. But now that's not going to happen.

CW likes to pat himself on the back about 'doing his homework' on players. Was a player who's been in the PL for three years but still lives in France not a red flag ?

The issue there is that there are only a handful of French clubs who make net spends on transfers, and none of those clubs would want Mousset. Presuming he wants to stay near Brittany there are clubs like Nantes and Brest who'd take him on loan, but that doesn't do us much good short term.

He'd be better off in Turkey, the country of the low workrate striker, the Turks have money. But now that's not going to happen.

CW likes to pat himself on the back about 'doing his homework' on players. Was a player who's been in the PL for three years but still lives in France not a red flag ?

It might have to be a loan initially but I think he'll end up back in France permanently within a year or two.

Nantes would actually be perfect. They're an exciting, creative team and he'd score a hatful there. That would increase his value unlike anything he's likely to do for us from the bench.

He was a top prospect in France, and he hasn't harmed his reputation this season. I think a lot of Ligue 1 clubs would jump at the chance to get him back there after 3/4 years in England.

I don't think Turkey will be an option for him now, with the baby. He's not been around his family recently and that's what will be at the front of his mind when it comes to what he wants next.

Alan Nixon says he's leaving.

He'll be right IMO. Wilder's comments will be for PR. There'll be truth behind them but it's clear he's had enough of him regardless. The tone of the initial "no comment" was revealing.

Alan Nixon says he's leaving.

He'll be right IMO. Wilder's comments will be for PR. There'll be truth behind them but it's clear he's had enough of him regardless. The tone of the initial "no comment" was revealing.

If that's true Wilder has to pull some f*****g big rabbits out of hats. We would need a minimum of TWO strikers ready to hit the Prem ground running.... and I mean RUNNING... FAST!!!!!!!

Bearing in mind that our recruitment appears to be pretty efficient, why wouldn't he..?

Premier league quality strikers. Not 1, 2.
Ready to hit the ground running.
Every club with more money to spend wants similar.
Given our goals for column I would seriously beg to differ that your point has the slightest accuracy in that department. Bear in mind as many goals came from other areas. We will not be close to the amazinbly low number conceded next season so need to radically up the GF stat. Im as bigger fan of Wilder as anyone and hope he achieves it. Our status depends on it.

One random Twitter account suggests a move to..... Hoffenheim. With a dodgy French agent suggesting it.

Might be total bullsh!t. But interesting if not. I'd like to see him there. They're a great creative team.