Wiggun Away - Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wiggun Away - Match Thread

I have to admit I stayed up (kick off is 11pm for me) and watched the first 35 minutes and then gave up. I was GUTTED that Shitburn was back in the side; I genuinely hoped he was badly injured from that last game. He's THE MASSIVE negative factor in the team and, like Karl says, forever hiding in the
Our style of play is mainly down to Critchley. Putting it simply, Norburn is Critchleys style or lack of it. The sad thing is that they all think they're doing a great job.

Shocking. Must have been smoking a spliff before match. No energy or desire.
The whole team had no energy and no desire or passion and certainly no confidence to take on defenders. Add to that, playing pretty football again across the back at every opportunity when they should be attacking. No highline apparent in the 1st half. What a waste of time! This method doesn't work in L1 as it has proved yet again.

Thomson's commentary just prior to k.o., "Which Blackpool side are we going to see today?"

Those words sums it up completely for me--we got the shit one yet again.

The blame rests firmly on Critchley's shoulders who keeps persisting with the same old game plan (pretty, un-entertaining football), that just doesn't work. Even less against the L1 teams beneath us. So, onto Derby (away). Which Blackpool side are we going to see on that day? I can guess that already!

Last edited:
Why does nobody ever call out Dembele for another poor away performance? He tries too much and loses the ball so easily at times and quite a few away games especially he’s been poor.

But because he’s not called Norburn, Connolly or Hamilton nothing is said.

Not really sure how it’s a centre midfielders fault (Norburn) we didn’t score against Wigan but hey ho each to their own.

A fantastic opportunity missed to go sixth with a win.

I've said before that Dembele certainly blows hot and cold and insists on trying to turn the defender on his inside right to which they've now cottoned on to. He is targeted for a kicking but unfortunately due to his size he has no answer. I'd rather use him as an impact sub if our forwards are (invariably) not firing...

I've said before that Dembele certainly blows hot and cold and insists on trying to turn the defender on his inside right to which they've now cottoned on to. He is targeted for a kicking but unfortunately due to his size he has no answer. I'd rather use him as an impact sub if our forwards are (invariably) not firing...
Why does nobody ever call out Dembele for another poor away performance? He tries too much and loses the ball so easily at times and quite a few away games especially he’s been poor.

Not really sure how it’s a centre midfielders fault (Norburn) we didn’t score against Wigan but hey ho each to their own.

At least Dembele is forward thinking, which can't be said for Norburn and the others. Playing pretty passes around the centre circle is never going to amount to anything. we have very little movement off the ball and no one who can execute a decent pass if we did. Like what's been said before we're slow and predictable and I would imagine comfortable to play against. All down to boring Critchley.

Just for you Luke. Dembele, as Bob Hatton says can blow hot and cold--I choose not to pick on him because he takes a lot of knocks from the opposition who seem to target him and is knee high to a grasshopper. His performance levels are 100 times better than Hamilton and Connolly hence why they are benched. Norburn, from what I have seen, gives me doubts about his capabilities.

Last edited:
Just for you Luke. Dembele, as Bob Hatton says can blow hot and cold--I choose not to pick on him because he takes a lot of knocks from the opposition who seem to target him and is knee high to a grasshopper. His performance levels are 100 times better than Hamilton and Connolly hence why they are benched. Norburn, from what I have seen, gives me doubts about his capabilities.
And that is why I choose to ignore Clueless Luke! 🤣

I've just about gotten over the disappointment of last Saturdays tame surremder.
Shocking display and totally at odds from the previous weekend where we fought for every scrap of the game with 10 men.

The lack of a left footed defender showed and as much as I like Casey if oppo teams don't storm down our right wing for the remainder of this seasons' games then they need to shoot their scouts.

It was a poor first half for most of our team first half with the second only marginally better.

Beesley - won nothing in the air.
Rhodes - has looked a shadow of himself since missng that pen v Exeter.
Lavery - I'll not shed a tear when he goes in the summer.
Byers - simply awful. worst game so far.

Coulson needs to.improve his decision making but Id sign him for this level.

Norburn - our best player first half.

Dembele - just wasn't going for him at all. His 2 freekicks went to row zz. He has become like Dougall - must take every set piece.
Pure comedy gold 2nd half. Byers left a freekick for Dembele to take - he had been put out of his misery and subbed. Ended up with Grimshaw taking it.

IF and its a big IF we got 6th spot it would take something of a miracle to be in with a shout.

On.our day we can beat anyone but there are too many passengers in this squad.
Carey Virtue can both do one for me..
Critchley is going nowhere and Sadler now needs to back his man in the window.

A set piece coach, or a bloke who can say to players make something and move when we get a throw in would be a start too.

I took Essex Snr alomg to.his 3rd away game of the season. His record stands at W0 D0 L3 scored 0 conceded 5.

At 85 I doubt if he could remember a more inconsistent season than this one, and we have all seen some shite over the years.

Thank God its a free weekend and the seasons about 5 weeks away from ending already.

It's the hope that kills us.