Why This Tottenham Star Has To Start Against Juventus | Page 2 | Vital Football

Why This Tottenham Star Has To Start Against Juventus

Vert played out poorly and Dembele charged in like a bull clumsily. There was at least a bank of 3 of our defence behind the ball to challenge for the ball. Dembo could have tracked the run and ushered the attack.
I thought Hugo was a bit weak in the hand trying to save it too as did the commentator.

Dembele has previous for this type of challenge. He also raked his fingers down a players face once. As I said he ain't gifted upstairs.

Even though pro footballers and coaches praise this man and say how good dembele is you still have fans who aint got a clue saying he doesnt offer much lol.

When Dembele is rolling...he can simply takeover a midfield. Again my only complaint, and it is a very small one, I wish he would pull the trigger a bit more often. He has an absolute hammer of a shot...we just don't see it that much.

I've seen people on this forum have irrational inabilities to appreciate all sorts of Spurs players, but Dembele (on current form) may well be a new low.

ahx00 - 7/3/2018 10:22

I've seen people on this forum have irrational inabilities to appreciate all sorts of Spurs players, but Dembele (on current form) may well be a new low.

On current form I doubt anyone lacks appreciation of Dembele. This is a generalised point. He is still clumsy in the challenge and daft in the head. Why else would you rake your nails down an opponents face ?

Nick Real Deal - 7/3/2018 10:56

On current form I doubt anyone lacks appreciation of Dembele. This is a generalised point. He is still clumsy in the challenge and daft in the head. Why else would you rake your nails down an opponents face ?

because you fight like a pussy? :27: :34:

He breaks up play. Yes, he gives away a lot of fouls, but he's playing as one of our two midfield pivots, so if the opponents have got the ball and are coming at him, he's the last line before they're through against the defence. It's all about breaking up the opponents attacking momentum.

Look at Man City. It's hard to tell because they average 99% possession, but whenever the opponents have the ball they're dreadful for giving away fouls.

If you're playing football and just cannot get the ball off the opponents, then whenever you do get it your momentum is kicked out from under you before you can string more than a couple of passes together, it would be intensely frustrating. That's kind of the point, imo.

His tackle/foul ratio is probably phenomenal. He gives the odd one away but also intercepts and wins the ball back in those same areas far more often than not.

As for the face scratch, in fairness, it was Diego Costa.

I've been a critic of Dembele in the past because he frustrated the hell out of me - But as Ferdinand said about him - he should have been playing for RM by now.

As it is, the way he is playing now is positive, he looks forward now instead of sideways and backwards, he's looking to make through balls instead of beating 3 players twice and laying off two yards and his shielding of the ball is magnificent - it is of course no co-incidence that this is after he finally had his long running chronic injury issues operated on - his recovery is now finally over and I think that as he is not now worrying about his body all the time, he is much much more positive and had a greater belief in doing the right stuff - long may it continue.

Dembele didn't cover himself in glory did he ? Lamela came on and caused them problems in his brief cameo, unlucky not to score. Son...looked like he had his boots on the wrong feet. He did scurry about and worked hard but was not intricate enough with his final balls.

Rose for Davies, Lamela for Son and maybe Wanyama or Sissoko instead of Dier I doubt would have been any worse.

Real Deal - 9/3/2018 09:44

Who did. He was still the best central player on the pitch after Pjanic.

Exactly, nobody in our team performed like we know they can. So losing is no surprise. But we did discuss who should start and Lamela over Son was perhaps the main subject. However Dier and Davies would have been question marks for me. Even playing Dier as CB in a 3 with Rose as LB could have been considered. Wanyama next to Dembele in the middle maybe. We didn't need to win, just stop them scoring.