Why This Tottenham Star Has To Start Against Juventus | Vital Football

Why This Tottenham Star Has To Start Against Juventus

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
3 reasons why Son should be given the nod ahead of Erik Lamela.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524479">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

After his last two performances he must get the nod. Son is on fire and should play against Juve.

We're click-baiting forums now?

10 reason why Son has to start against Juventus!

You'll never believe why this star should start against Juventus!

Too simplistic. He probably will but the game is subject to tactical methods from Juve. Depending on what they do could affect whether Son or Lamela is preferable.

If Juve do sit back , stay compact and try to hit us on the break I think Lamela is better to start, then Son later when they tire. Son needs space to run into whereas Lamela is more of a lock picker.

surely after his performances this week the pressure will be on to include him but seeing how the TEAM functions and the past line-ups for such games, I believe Poch sees Son as an option on the bench.. the only thing going for son is that he plays better at Wembley and uses the wide pitch to his/our advantage.

we will not go negative but we will need to be compact and disciplined.. a free-scoring game is not in our favor.

take the Real Madrid game for instance... that same team needs to start except for Dembele in for winks. when Toby got injured Poch put in Sisoko in for a more robust compact team.. so Lamella would be the better option and closer to what Poch thinks Sissoko would bring.

Son and Lucus can come on 60-70 minutes in depending on how we're doing.

If Son starts then I hope it is because Poch sees his addition benefiting us tactically and not because he is hot for one week and scored against a 3rd division team and newly promoted Huddersfield..

if he starts I'm all in cause I'm not here for the who is better but rather love the options that their individual quality affords us.... COYS

I'm not sure I would start Son. He operates better when the game opens up a bit, and believe me this is not going to be an open game - did anyone watch Juve at the weekend...an object lesson in how to play away from home, play on the counter, choke the opposition and win on the break....

Son's defensive work is too untidy, could be too sporadic to start....but all of this will depend on how Poch decides to set us up tactically and how he has to respond/plan game -management wise...

Anyway, Son on the bench for me.. :10:

Quite funny really to be more untidy than Lamela in the tackle is as bad as it gets. I would start with Lamela too but WTFDIK.

Spursex - 5/3/2018 16:09

I'm not sure I would start Son. He operates better when the game opens up a bit, and believe me this is not going to be an open game - did anyone watch Juve at the weekend...an object lesson in how to play away from home, play on the counter, choke the opposition and win on the break....

Son's defensive work is too untidy, could be too sporadic to start....but all of this will depend on how Poch decides to set us up tactically and how he has to respond/plan game -management wise...

I don't really know...I do agree with you on Son, but I do think Juve will have to open up, they NEED the away goals. If they open up we have the distinct advantage if they do.

BL - minimize the stupid mistakes and needlessly losing the ball in bad spots and we should be fine.

USAFSPURS - 5/3/2018 17:11

I don't really know...I do agree with you on Son, but I do think Juve will have to open up, they NEED the away goals. If they open up we have the distinct advantage if they do.

BL - minimize the stupid mistakes and needlessly losing the ball in bad spots and we should be fine.

They need to concede nothing and score one...they are masters at it - they will use every dive, every nasty dirty trick in the book, every exaggeration...and when they need to they play incredibly well on the counter - they've turned it into an art form and do it week week out in Seris A....

Spursex - 5/3/2018 17:52

They need to concede nothing and score one...they are masters at it - they will use every dive, every nasty dirty trick in the book, every exaggeration...and when they need to they play incredibly well on the counter - they've turned it into an art form and do it week week out in Seris A....

True...so we cannot be make dumb mistakes...(Please God, let Aurier have a good game....!!)

I don't think we will be scared though...this is at Wembley where we are comfortable now, we will have our crowd behind us and we are confident. I think we will play free and brilliant. 3-1 COYS!!!!

USAFSPURS - 5/3/2018 17:56

True...so we cannot be make dumb mistakes...(Please God, let Aurier have a good game....!!)

I don't think we will be scared though...this is at Wembley where we are comfortable now, we will have our crowd behind us and we are confident. I think we will play free and brilliant. 3-1 COYS!!!!

I'm pretty sure he'll start Trippier - Poch will want to play it safe, but I hope you're right - as always much could depend on who scores first as to how this game plays out..

Spursex - 5/3/2018 17:59

I'm pretty sure he'll start Trippier - Poch will want to play it safe, but I hope you're right - as always much could depend on who scores first as to how this game plays out..

Oh very true! First goal will be crucial.

If Lamela starts we would have two players on the pitch with the potential to make dumb mistakes. Both in and out of possession.

Luckily Aurier is banned for this ...... I actually think they will go straight for us, as last time. True they have to try to ensure we don't win, but basically they must or hope for a high scoring draw.

As for Son/Lamela, as much as I rate Lamela, I hope Son starts and we go out to win from the off. Whilst he doesn't offer the defensive/closing down attributes of Lamela, he does offer us speed and a goal threat - more than Lamela

Don't think we can afford to see what they do......we need them to respond to us and worry about stopping us scoring.......

When we are proactive we are more dangerous.......not so sure of Poch when he tries to react

RichmondSpur - 5/3/2018 18:20

If Lamela starts we would have two players on the pitch with the potential to make dumb mistakes. Both in and out of possession.

The other being dumbo Dembele who gave away the free kick with a daft challenge in the first few minutes resulting in their first goal. He is gifted in his feet but not so much upstairs.

ahx00 - 5/3/2018 15:39

We're click-baiting forums now?

10 reason why Son has to start against Juventus!

You'll never believe why this star should start against Juventus!

I picked up on this sort of thread a short time ago , and 80 replied saying that Front Page Articles are picked up by sites such as News Now which ARE click bait sites

total spurs - 5/3/2018 18:28

Luckily Aurier is banned for this ...... I actually think they will go straight for us, as last time. True they have to try to ensure we don't win, but basically they must or hope for a high scoring draw.

As for Son/Lamela, as much as I rate Lamela, I hope Son starts and we go out to win from the off. Whilst he doesn't offer the defensive/closing down attributes of Lamela, he does offer us speed and a goal threat - more than Lamela

Don't think we can afford to see what they do......we need them to respond to us and worry about stopping us scoring.......

When we are proactive we are more dangerous.......not so sure of Poch when he tries to react

Forgot Aurier was banned from this match...good catch!

Nick Real Deal - 5/3/2018 18:47

The other being dumbo Dembele who gave away the free kick with a daft challenge in the first few minutes resulting in their first goal. He is gifted in his feet but not so much upstairs.

Wrong, if you are going to point the finger do it at the player at the source of the error not at Dembele who tried to correct it.

Furthermore, it was Dembele who took hold of and bossed the game after we went two goals down. Showed his class, expertise and was instrumental in our fightback and deservedly rewarded with the MotM award.

RichmondSpur - 5/3/2018 19:40

Nick Real Deal - 5/3/2018 18:47

Wrong, if you are going to point the finger do it at the player at the source of the error not at Dembele who tried to correct it.

Furthermore, it was Dembele who took hold of and bossed the game after we went two goals down. Showed his class, expertise and was instrumental in our fightback and deservedly rewarded with the MotM award.

What's wrong ? It happened, it's fact. Dembele gave away a free kick in a dangerous place. Damn right he put it right later, he owed it to his club.

Dembele gave away a free kick fact. Higuain was left free to score was that dembele's fault or the defence? As others have pointed out Verts played out a poor pass that led to the free kick, However, you are too smart to have noticed that.