Why can't Mike Ashley see? | Vital Football

Why can't Mike Ashley see?

Kim Jong Un

Vital Squad Member
The whole of the city, and especially the football club comes 'alive' when we have the right man at the helm, playing the right type of football, with the right amount of investment?

I'm talking about Keegan and SBR, two managers who had the right footballing ethics, not awash with money, but not starved of it either, to bring in the right players.

The days of those two in charge were just sublime - so why can't Mike Ashley see this, and try to replicate it, by bringing in the right manager, and backing him with a reasonable amount of cash - and I'm not talking hundreds of millions here, I'm talking maybe 50. He has this sort of money, easily, and it would be enough to get us to compete again.

Moreover, that sort of investment he would get back by improved finishes, going further in competition, sponsorship, and gate.

Come on Mike, see the light!

I'm sure there has been, but now is as good a time as anytime to do something about it, before the opportunities fade away again.
Benitez now, for example, is no longer an option - when he made it plain he wanted to manage in England. A well proven winner.

The time is right:

Its closed season, so time to actually do stuff.

The current manager has proven himself to be inept, few would be disappointed if he was shown the door, and Mike has good reason to - he was brought in 'to take the club forward' and he hasn't.

TV money for next year has (only just mind) been secured, so funding is available.

The squad is already half-decent, and any manager worth his salt would see this as a good place to start with, he has something he can work with, from the off.

Getting things right at NUFC (finally) would remove much of the shit that went before, through his blind mistakes.

My point being, why cannot he not see opportunities like these, and grab them with both hands?

If you owned a club and the supporters turned on you calling you a "fat cockney bastard" and demanding that you left the club what would you do ?
Would you do as they ask and try and sell the club or sit fast slowly asset stripping and gaining revenge ?

Personally if it was my money I would think fuck you and do what ever was needed to get my investment out.
Unfortunately I think fatty is a spiteful twat and is doing his best to shit on the fans from an incredible height.

His task is to make as much money as possible and to spend as little achieving that.
He has been abused left, right and centre so is not bothered about the fans seeing as 52,000 turn up every week anyway. By apointing Pardew he avoids any confrontation. I don't think he has any real interest in football, knows little about the game, is more or less a recluse as far as the public is concerned and has avoided the media and public announcements for some considerable time.
Fat cockney bastard and various other insults have hardly helped.

An other issue is the reason ashley bought the club. He's a spurs fan, it's well documented (although competing sources have claimed it's chelski he supports rather than spurs, but either way he is NOT a fan of NUFC) so he had little interest in making us successful outside of gaining exposure for his tatty brand. Sir john hall actually said in an interview that when he met ashley's representatives they said that shite direct was looking to crack the european and Asian markets and ashley saw owning a football club as a good way to do it. Owl is right the the insults won't have helped. Ashley is not an unambitious man, the way he goes about expanding his business empire is proof of that, he just doesn't seem to have the same ambition for us. He'll put up however much of his own money to buy up flagging rival businesses, but won't spend THE CLUBS money to put it where it belongs.

I'd love to see nothing more but he just isn't interested. No point torturing ourselves with ideas that aren't going to happen. It's like fantasising what you'd do if you won the jackpot on the lottery.
As ashley appointing a top manager and showing ambition and winning the lottery have about the same chance of happening

The Owl - 30/5/2013 08:31

His task is to make as much money as possible and to spend as little achieving that.
He has been abused left, right and centre so is not bothered about the fans seeing as 52,000 turn up every week anyway. By apointing Pardew he avoids any confrontation. I don't think he has any real interest in football, knows little about the game, is more or less a recluse as far as the public is concerned and has avoided the media and public announcements for some considerable time.

Fat cockney bastard and various other insults have hardly helped.

Exactly this.which has been said countless times. It angers me what he is doing to our club and sapping the passion I and many others once had. In fact it infuriates me!

But the question is what are we going to do about it!!??
We can complain on here all season and it won't make a jot of difference.
Enough is enough

At this rate of Pardwho inspired football, Fatman's gonna have to wait a loooooooong time to get his money back :54: