Who Was Your Man of The Match v Southampton? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Southampton?

Who was your Man of The Match v Southampton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vernam. If only he could shoot! He made several good runs that deserved a better outcome and really should have done better with House's lay-up.

Overall though, a very pleasing performance from him. More of the same please, Charles! 👏👏

All the others deserve a mention for a Herculean effort, in what was a thoroughly undeserved defeat.

Vernam. I've said it many times that he lacks consistency but we saw tonight what is inside him as a footballer if he could only get those sort of performances out on a regular basis.

He breezed past Premier league players at times and has a good turn of pace. Got caught a couple of times in possession in dangerous areas but put some great balls in the box.

Vernam. If only he could shoot! He made several good runs that deserved a better outcome and really should have done better with House's lay-up.

Overall though, a very pleasing performance from him. More of the same please, Charles! 👏👏

All the others deserve a mention for a Herculean effort, in what was a thoroughly undeserved defeat.

Please also vote on the poll, because comments don't count as votes!

Vernam. I've said it many times that he lacks consistency but we saw tonight what is inside him as a footballer if he could only get those sort of performances out on a regular basis.

He breezed past Premier league players at times and has a good turn of pace. Got caught a couple of times in possession in dangerous areas but put some great balls in the box.

Please also vote on the poll, because comments don't count as votes!

Almost impossible to pick out any one player (House, Sanders, Virtue, Jackson, Poole, etc) but I’ve gone for Vernam because (apart from shooting) he really showed what he’s capable of against Premiership/international standard players when he’s brave and takes them on. If it’s about developing players, as per the model, let’s hope he adds the finishing touch with goals and occasionally the final ball into the box (& releasing the ball before being caught in possession).

I have voted for Sanders he was excellent both offensively and defensively. On the night wax better than both Ward-Prowse and Maitland-Niles.
A special mention for Vernam who ran at them brilliantly all night. The shame is he cannot finish, had a gilt edged chance to put us back in front but didn't take it. And that's not the first time this season such a shame.

Excellent team performance but based on a player upping their game over the 90 minutes I've gone for Vernam.

Vernam, just ahead of our Sanders and Virtue. Charles still has a tendancy to give the ball away, often by over elaborating, but he was excellent last night.