Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

Who was your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

• Wright

• Eyoma

• Robson

• O'Connor

• Poole

• Sørensen

• House

• Sanders

• Hopper

• Garrick

• Scully

• Oakley-Boothe (55')

• Roughan (72')

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Who was your Man of The Match in Tuesday night's 2-1 win away at Oxford United?

You have got 48 hours to vote AND comment!

Plenty of very good performances and for me a flip of the coin between Robson and Sanders. I've gone for Robson who made a key headed clearance early on which saved a pretty easy chance from them, then just carried on for the whole 90 minutes. One game might not persuade everyone that he is a League 1 left back, but his quality on Tuesday was clear

A strong team performance with a mix of skill, verve and commitment on display throughout the 98 minutes.

I've gone for Sanders with a terrific first half which ultimately helped win the game and a battling second half, unlucky with the penalty having had his shirt pulled first.

Robson showed what he's capable of, Hopper led from the front with one of his best games for a while capped by a nicely taken header, working space and finishing nicely.

Always like it when it’s a close decision with so many decent performances. I’ve gone for Max Sanders who seemed to be involved from the first minute. Robson probably had his best game for us and Tom Hopper gave so much at both ends of the pitch.

I've also gone for Sanders for his first half performance, and he did as well as anybody in the second.

Really difficult between Sanders and Robson, who both had terrific games and both influenced the result in different ways. I’ve gone for Robson, purely on the basis that the lad needs some encouragement after the stick he’s taken from some fans. I liked the look of him from when he joined us from Dundee Utd and thought he would fit in well. Shows he’s a real battler and a strong character, whereas many recognise how good Sanders is and feel he was hard done by under MA.

Hopper gets my vote as he ran himself into the ground, held up the ball on the frontline and was there in defence making clearance headers when we were being bombarded. Also for a well taken goal to get things going. A special mention to Robson who demonstrated what commitment is all about and also a mention for Sanders who drove the midfield on, just imagine how good he would be now if he had been able to gain some playing experience last season.

Robson. Given all the negative nonsense surrounding him, he'd been brushed aside as an underachiever. Quite clearly, he has talent, hitherto unappreciated by the armchair coaches

Robson, finally showing what he is capable of. A few more games like that will give him the confidence he needs.

Robson for me. Loved watching on IFollow and early in the game Mark Hone was talking negatively about Robson not challenging for headers strong enough. About 3 seconds later Robson won a header with strength and commitment. Silence from Hone. I was laughing and shouting at Hone. From then on Robson only got stronger.

Robson for me. Loved watching on IFollow and early in the game Mark Hone was talking negatively about Robson not challenging for headers strong enough. About 3 seconds later Robson won a header with strength and commitment. Silence from Hone. I was laughing and shouting at Hone. From then on Robson only got stronger.
Up there with Hone banging on and on about House's positioning and the timing of his runs forward. Then he linked a promising move, it all looked like House was playing under instructions from someone who knew what they were doing and the comments went quiet.

I will go for Scully. Great goal (winner) and great assist. Both in the game in which he wasn't even at his best.

Thought it was Sanders best game in a Lincoln shirt, he looked fitter, tougher and more committed than before. MK seems to have instilled a new confidence in a few players including Sanders and Robson. A mention to Scully for his assist and quality of finish for his goal.

Thought it was Sanders best game in a Lincoln shirt, he looked fitter, tougher and more committed than before. MK seems to have instilled a new confidence in a few players including Sanders and Robson. A mention to Scully for his assist and quality of finish for his goal.
Sanders appears an improved player.The shackles are off and although I obviously don't know the Guys character the only person capable of facilitating change is ultimately oneself.However for me it's got to be Robson.This team has grit.Robson was very gritty and determined and his contribution was seen all over the pitch.May be next time Max

O’Connor for me, absolutely immense, although that could be said for most of the team tbh.

Notable mentions go to Robson, Wright and Scully for a superb assist & goal.

I've closed it just over an hour early so I can complete the article, otherwise, it won't get published for about a week after certain posts today.