Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

Who was your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me this is quite a difficult one to call as it was a whole team performance where everyone was at the top of their game. You could see the commitment, desire and team ethos. I saw some quality football on display and was good to see. That double save by Palmer was something else coupled with an overall confident display, something not witnessed at the LNER for a long time. Jackson was another stand out performance as well as Harry Anderson and Roughan. In the end I've gone for TJ thought he had a decent steady game in defence and is my MoM. Difficult to call, as I said, a whole team effort.

Gone for McGrandles. 2nd choice would have been Jones.

Both much improved. Jones cross for Jackson’s header was perfect whilst McGrandles never stopped running, regularly breaking up their play and generally being the pain in the ass we’ve missed against Crewe (and probably Scunthorpe but I didn’t watch that one).

Kudos to Palmer, Scully, Roughan and Hopper too. Thought they all had better than good games.

I thought Hopper was outstanding at leading the line. I know it has taken him a bit of time to really settle in and for us to see the real Hopper but he has proved his worth and already looks a different player to last season.

As for MOM, a tricky one, Palmer, Jackson, Jones and Harry, the other main standouts for me but everyone played well and put in a shift with a real team effort.

For his fantastic double save I have gone for Palmer.

Also went for Palmer. Amazing saves and provides great confidence to the Centre Backs.

Whole team played well, standouts from Jackson and Jones with the rest not far behind. Harry also played very well.

What a pleasant surprise to have had so many to choose from; Palmer, Jackson, Anderson, Jones, Eyoma and the young lad Roughan. A difficult choice but I plumped for Jackson, rapidly followed by Palmer.

Almost impossible this one. All in the team put in a great shift, playing well as a team. Gone for Palmer, purely because he was worth two goals for us, with great saves and at key times. He was also the platform that gave the defence confidence - something we’ve missed for quite a while - defenders always look better with a strong keeper behind ‘em... but you could argue for most of the team to be honest.