Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

Who was your Man of The Match v Oxford United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Who was your Man of The Match in today's 2-0 win against Oxford United?

You have got 48 hours to vote and comment!

Need a few hours to think about that....
Palmer outstanding saves at the end
Eyoma and Roughan superb
Jackson a rock
Jones class in the middle. Fantastic cross
Scully Great goal and worked his socks off
Anderson. Brilliant AND given his passes and crosses a bit more thought

Will get back to you as I keep changing my mind

Perm any one from about 4 or 5. I’ve gone for Jackson - absolute rock at the back. Cleared everything and never panicked or got into trouble. 👏 Oh yes, and he scored 🙂

Have gone for Palmer, made some good stops at key points of the game. Great double save, things could have been very different if that had gone in. Always difficult when you haven't had a lot to do in the game.

Mention for Eyoma too, I would have gone for him if not for Palmer's double save.

Jackson for a headed goal, brilliant clearance at a crucial time and an all round faultless display ... against some stiff opposition too 👏🏻👏🏻

Hard to pick between Jackson and Anderson. Gone for Jackson as he dealt with pretty much everything thrown at us and a bonus goal as well. Great double save from Palmer sealed the deal.

Anderson for starting and finishing the game as he did. Could have gone to several tbh and as it has been said it was a team performance. Everyone performed well and everyone played their part.

So many contenders. Palmer, Roughan, Jones...one who hasn't been mentioned yet is McGrandles, but I thought he looked like a very skilful player who could be really important to us this season.

However I've gone for Harry Anderson, which may be my loyalty to the old guard showing through, but I thought he was excellent. That lung-busting run in the last minute was a joy to behold, particularly from a player who has so often lacked the confidence to try that sort of thing in the past.

A genuine team performance, you could stick a pin in the team sheet and make a case for the name it found.

I've gone for Harry A though, a terrific run and cross for the first goal, he was looking up before picking out Scully with a pin point cross, a weakness dealt with? He then put in a shift, with TJ making our right wing a place not for the faint-hearted. Capped it all with that incredible run, stopped only by a cynical foul deserving of the red card. Hair forgiven!

Palmer, Jackson and Jones all had stand-out moments but truly a team effort.

As I said before a good case could be made for virtually all of the starting XI today but after careful consideration I've gone for Jackson. Rock steady at the back including a fantastic overhead clearance and a cracking headed goal

Could have beven any one of them but I've gone for Anderson. I'v been quite critical of him (within my friend group) in recent times as I feel he has never really shown anywhere near his potential. And found him rather frustrating to watch, but from what I've seen this season so far I have eaten my words. Long may it continue.

Really tough to choose for this one! I'm going to go for Eyoma, and I think he is going to be a big player for us this season. Big mentions for Anderson, Jones, Hopper, Palmer, Jackson...it goes on and on.

Jackson for me. In an all round great performance, he was the rock at the heart of the defence. His heading, positioning and distribution were first class and, of course, firmly planted the second goal.

Closely followed by Palmer (best 'keeper at the Bank I've seen in many a year) , Jones, McGrandles and the Duracell Bunny himself, Scully.