Who Was Your Man of The Match v Derby County? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Derby County?

Who was your Man of The Match v Derby County?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Rushworth. Great saves, commands his area very well. Fearless.

Roughan and Jackson also outstanding.

With better decision making in the final third, we could have been home and hosed, before House got his marching orders.

Could have gone to any of the back five but Rushworth shades it for absolutely faultless handling. When the ball is being loaded in on repeat mode, it has to stick in the gloves every time and it absolutely did.

A choice as tough as that 2nd half. Rushworth is going to be a top, top keeper, was calmness personified tonight and have the Imps ever had a keeper so secure in the air?

The back 3 were terrific, complementary skills - O'Connor's smooth defending and ball playing, Montsma's unflappability, Jackson's stubborn grit. Or something like that.

But the last match I saw live I was critical of Roughan who had a poor game v Cambridge. Tonight, after that early loose header he was virtually faultless, kept a tricky winger under control, and was adventurous getting forward until the sending off curtailed his forays. Sean gets my vote. But he needs 2 more years here to continue to develop!

Was tempted to go Rushworth but went for Roughan who recovered from a dodgy first minute mis-placed header to a great defensive performance. Mendez-Laing is one of the best players in this league and he gave him nothing all night

Roughan was a class act - best performance from him so far, and dealt with everything thrown at him. Jackson and O’Connor also fantastic in marshalling the back line. Uncharacteristic below par performance from Poole, but excusable once in a while, particularly when covered by the rest of the team.

I have gone for Jackson. He is an absolute rock at the back and holds the defence together incredibly well, even under the extreme pressure last night. Special mentions for Roughan and Rushworth who were immense. I also thought Jack Diamond had a great game and could well have scored, or set one up for a team-mate. He was so good at stealing the ball and getting away from defenders, but just needs developing his next phase to actually finish or pass without letting defenders catch him or drive him wide.

Roughan...stuck to his task well against a difficult opponent.

Couldn't really fault anybody for their commitment to the cause on the night.

Roughan. Could have had a difficult night after the early error but at 19 was outstanding against some of the best players in L1. McGoldrick, Hourihane, Collins, Forsyth and Knight have 84 full caps between them.

I considered the excellent Rushworth, Diamond and Roughan in particular but I voted for OConnor. He was ideal for the backs to the wall rearguard and was pretty faultless. His desire and game intelligence was obvious when both him and Lewis were down injured close to the end.Lewis had bad cramp and needed treatment. OConnor saw both our physios rush on and made an attempt to get to his feet ushering them away knowing that if he was treated they both would have to go off leaving us temporary with 8 men. He was livid with the physio and the ref saying he didn’t want treatment and was well peeved when he had to go off.
Proving to be a proper warrior and is definately winning me over. Another pat on the back for the much maligned Jez George.